Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: What is the difference between evorel mono and evorel conti pls?  (Read 1165 times)

Dandelion

Hi

Please see this update on stock for evorel
https://www.theramex.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Evorel-Updated-Stock-Feb2020-UK.pdf

I use evorel conti and am running out of evopak that my sister got me from spain in a month.
I use the evorel conti
Does anyone know the difference between evorel mono and evorel conti, as I only have oestrodose gel after I run out of evopak and after reading reports on oestrodose, i am nervous to use it.
Thanks

Hurdity

Re: What is the difference between evorel mono and evorel conti pls?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 04:46:19 PM »

Hi Dandelion  oestrodose is estradiol gel - same as estrogel. It's the name given to it in France and some other places.  If you want to try it then it will do the job. If you are not used to estradiol gel then your body may take a while to adjust. Evorel mono is just Evorel 50 mcg. They are just using this term to distinguish from Evorel sequi and conti (unless of course they've brought out a new dosage - but I doubt that!). Please try not to worry!

Hurdity x

Dotty

Re: What is the difference between evorel mono and evorel conti pls?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 05:02:47 PM »

Hi Evorel Mono just contains oestrogen.

Evorel Conti contains oestrogen and progesterone .

You can use Evorel Mono or Oestrogel but would need a progesterone to go with them....probably Utrogestan x

Dandelion

adjustment from patches to gel question please
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 05:42:35 PM »

Hi Dandelion  oestrodose is estradiol gel - same as estrogel. It's the name given to it in France and some other places.  If you want to try it then it will do the job. If you are not used to estradiol gel then your body may take a while to adjust. Evorel mono is just Evorel 50 mcg. They are just using this term to distinguish from Evorel sequi and conti (unless of course they've brought out a new dosage - but I doubt that!). Please try not to worry!

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity and Dotty
Thanks for your replies
Hurdity, when you say my body may take a while to adjust, in this adjustment time, will my body still be absorbing the oestraiol from the gel, in other words, will I still be getting it into my body.
I ask because I am unclear if the gel will only start absorbing a while after I start using the gel when changing from the patches.
x
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 10:03:21 PM by Dandelion »