Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scared why I'm losing weight?  (Read 6611 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Scared why I'm losing weight?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 07:23:34 PM »

If I am anxious I stop eating.  Sometimes for weeks with very little passing my lips  :'(.  In the 1990s I was nearly 5 months with hardly anything going into my system other than diced cooked chicken on a bed of rice, a cup of hot Bovril with toast and a banana. [evening meal, lunch and breakfast].  I don't weigh myself so don't know if I lost anything during that time. 

However: I don't think you are eating enough protein Lyncola!  What's 60-66 when it's up and dressed  :-\ I still woke in pounds, shillings and pence. 

I weight 8st dead on this week.  I've eaten rubbish as well as proper food, i.e. cooked veg., chicken mixes, pasta ........ I feel sluggish though which probably means I need to cut out shop bought cake, walk more and add more veggies ;-).

Also what do you mean by a 'check up' for atrophy?  Is your prescription not on repeat? 

Lyncola

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 09:51:03 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm slowly putting weight on and getting on top of my IBS.
I just googled and I'm about 62kg now, which is 9.76 stones or 136.687 pounds that's for you CLKD.

I was going and when to my doctor for a virginal atrophy checkup, as I had a flare up, and was put on extra Vagifem, to get it under control.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2020, 12:25:43 PM »

Yep.  Vaginal atrophy needs to be managed sometimes on a daily basis  >:(

Tnx for the conversion ....... I am probably heavier than last week as I haven't pooed for 3 days  :-X  ::)

How do U feel overall Lyncola?

Lyncola

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 09:38:00 AM »

I'm feeling okay, got put on antidepressants two weeks ago (only half a tablet) broke down sopping in from of my doctor.
How am I feeling? Well......

Went for my two week antidepressants check up yesterday, and I was complaining again about my random stabbing pains that move constantly around my body, stomach pains IBS (never had any stomach issues before menopause), sore eyes etc.

And my doctor said the perfect words to me ?it's all menopausal related and it's shit Lynette?
I just needed to be told all my problems is menopausal related. My doctor is going through menopause too.

I now find my weight goes up half a kg one week, down the next week. My doctor said it's hormonal and nothing I can do about it.

Hi sparkle, I feel your pain I went to a dietitian for help, I didn't need to do a low fodmap diet, it was worked out I'm lactose intolerant and excess fruitos intolerant. If I eat a tiny little bit of wrong fruit, stomach pains, 9 months ago I had no stomach issues at all, and ate lots of fruit.

Lyncola

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 09:59:27 AM »

A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter  ;)

Lyncola

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 09:24:04 AM »

I understand sparkle, as I'm writing this my stomach is sore, no idea why?

I sometimes wonder if it's only partly what I eat and partly menopausal. How can I go days eating same food no problems, then I get days of problems. Very frustrating >:(

shrosphirelass

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2020, 11:33:50 AM »

Another pound lost, down to 7 10 now, never been that weight since I was 12. I am starting to get a bit worried as Im already at the bottom of the suggested BMI and I feel awful most of the time.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2020, 08:24:32 PM »

I seem to eat a lot, but maybe because I am concerned about things upsetting my stomach I actually eat less and differently than I did and consume less calories. It's the fact that the weight keeps going down, allbeit, very slowly that's a worry, coupled with feeling headachey and sick all the time. I have gone down from a size 12 to an 8 and my new jeggings are starting to look like trousers as they are hanging off me.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2020, 08:55:16 PM »

Ive gone down from a consistent 9 2 to 7 10 in 18 months. Hard to know the pattern of it as didn't record it, but I guess that is consistent with losing about a pound a month which seems about right. Ive increased my (good) fat content in order to increase calories and calcium in the last 9 months and my stomach has actually improived a bit, maybe as it has got used to a higher fat content, so when it experiences any it doesn't go into panic mode!

shrosphirelass

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »

My diet has changed a bit in response to stomach issues. I have a much larger, more calorific lunch, more healthy mid afternoon and don't often pick in between, as I don't get as hungry, maybe because of the larger lunch. Though I've started having some pudding to try and up calories. I don't know if that adds up to a reduction overall.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »

My lowest was 5st something, 1971 when I was 17.

When I married in 1975 I was 7st 2t.  Went down to 6st 7lb for years.  None of my colleagues were worried, I worked for the NHS.  On the go all the while.  When my dog slowed down in the late 1990s I went up to over 9st - it took 14 months of daily walking to get back to 8st-ish.  My GP weighs me twice a year.   I know how I am by the belt of my jeans ;-). 

Our Practice Nurse will give weight advice.  Not having regular bowel movements will add weight on as will drinking .......... ;-)

shrosphirelass

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 08:25:44 PM »

Do you have anything to eat in the evening?

A packet of crisps, about 2 hours before bed, which surprisngly doesn't upset my stomach. When I list what I eat it doesn't look as healthy as I thought, just had half an egg custard!

I think my metabolism seems to have speeded up, food goes through me much quicker than it used to, but maybe that's all the veg, grapes  and granary bread that I eat.

shrosphirelass

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2020, 08:58:19 PM »

Most of my friends envy me. It's costing me a fortune as Ive had to buy loads of new clothes as my jeans were literally falling down!

Snoooze

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2020, 05:05:51 PM »

Ive gone down from a consistent 9 2 to 7 10 in 18 months. Hard to know the pattern of it as didn't record it, but I guess that is consistent with losing about a pound a month which seems about right. Ive increased my (good) fat content in order to increase calories and calcium in the last 9 months and my stomach has actually improived a bit, maybe as it has got used to a higher fat content, so when it experiences any it doesn't go into panic mode!

Hi..this happened to my sister in law and it turned out she had type 2 diabetes. Have you been to the GP about it? A lot of people associate type 2 diabetes with gaining weight but for some it does cause weight loss. This was years ago and she is even thinner now. She just can't gain weight.
Pages: 1 [2]