Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Sleeping  (Read 1053 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Sleeping
« on: March 02, 2020, 07:38:31 PM »

Since my hysterectomy and going into surgical menopause my sleeping has got worse as time has gone on, waking anytime between 4-6am, when you always used to sleep so well 10-10.30pm to 7-7.30am it's very debilitating. Mentioned it to my GP today as it really gets me down and sometimes I'm ready for bed by early evening. Anyway she has referred me to something called Sleep Station, has anyone had any experience of this? Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sleeping
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 07:52:25 PM »

Ready for bed or falling off to sleep?  I never deny myself sleep.  If I am tired and sleep in the afternoon or evening I still sleep all night.

It's when I drop off in bed then wake within an hour - I can guarantee that I will be awake for hours  >:(

A sleep station - will you be wired up etc..  Why not ring the Station to see what is likely to happen?

I feel new pyjamas coming on ;-)

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 07:57:14 PM »

As I got older I found the only way to stop the 4 o'clock waking was to go to bed later. I seem to do ok on 5 hours a night now so I go to bed around half twelve as I get up at 6. No more laying in bed waiting for the clock to tick round. I've heard of Sleep Station. It will be interesting to see how you get on. It's horrible not to get enough sleep.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 08:48:56 PM »

I am unlikely to be awake much after 11.00 p.m. .........

Maybe ring your Surgery to see where the Sleep Station is and then let us know?  I have watched programmes and it seems that the client is wired up all over and filmed whilst they sleep too.  Then the film is reviewed to see how much movement, how often they wake and what type of waking it is; as well as over-all sleep patterns.  I would love to have a go but I don't have enough problems to warrant a visit  ::). I don't think if I had all those wires and knew that I was being watched, that I would sleep anyway  ;D

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 08:54:19 PM »

Sleep Station is an online course CLKD.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 09:03:14 PM »

Oh! so no new pyjamas then  :-\  ::)

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 03:56:44 PM »

haha

this made me chuckle 🤭 xx

still get new pajamas though x

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 04:57:34 PM »

Have tried going to bed later Taz, still doesn't have any effect :(
I just can't sleep during the day, CKLD unless ill!!

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »

If you go to sleep at say midnight what time do you wake up and then can't get back to sleep? Five hours is my maximum although I wake up quite a few times during the five hours annoyingly.

Taz x

Nita5691

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 07:53:08 AM »

Going to bed too early, always results in a 4am wake up, then its difficult to drop of again. Stay awake as late as you can, and sometimes you get a better longer sleep. Before the menopause kicked in, I was a good sleeper 7-8 hours a night, sometimes 6 is classed as a good night nowadays. I find, its best to try and not think too much about not having enough sleep, or you get more stressed about it.

Good luck