Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bleeding early in progesterone phase  (Read 564 times)

Snubble

• First Flush
Bleeding early in progesterone phase
« on: March 03, 2020, 07:27:04 PM »

Hi
I'm 49 years old and began HRT with a low dose of Elleste, followed by a stronger Elleste and when pharmacies weren't stocking that I was moved into Femeston 2/10 about 6 months ago.

This has generally been great, but I've always had a withdrawal bleed quite early on the progesterone phase of the tablets ( day 4 or 5). It didn't worry me particularly though, but I wondered why I was out of sync.

At the last progesterone phase I started bleeding ...and haven't stopped! I got awful symptoms - bleeding, rage, tearful, depressed, anxious and decided that the progesterone wasn't doing me any good, I skipped the remainder of the pack and went straight to the oestrogen part. I felt better within 48 hours.

But I'm still bleeding. It's been heavy for about 3 weeks now.

I have another 5 days and then I'll start progesterone again so if I don't stop bleeding soon, I'll be straight into my usual early withdrawal bleed.

Everything I've read says that withdrawal bleeds happen from day 11 or so, or after stopping the progesterone.

Why do I bleed early? Is there any way I can sync it a bit more? Do I need less oestrogen? More progesterone?

Something went very wrong last month and I'd rather it didn't happen again, if there's something I could do instead to avoid it!