Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Ovulation pain during menopause  (Read 1011 times)

thegregs52

Ovulation pain during menopause
« on: March 06, 2020, 09:54:33 AM »

I have now been without a period for over a year so am officially now in the menopause and came off HRT patches before Christmas when they ran out and haven't used anything since.  Just recently I am getting light stabbing pains in my groin like I used to get when I was ovulating, is this normal or should I be concerned?  It's not horrendous but it is noticeable.  Has anyone else suffered this?  Thanks  :-\

Paz23

Re: Ovulation pain during menopause
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 11:08:52 AM »

Hi there.
I'm still peri but I've been getting pains in my groin area on and off for a year. I've no swollen glands and I'm not ill so it's not that, plus it started about the same as all my other hormone related symptoms so I'm guessing it's related. Like you it's not really bad and I don't always notice it if I'm really busy, but it's definitely there. I'm glad someone else has mentioned it as I was getting worried (stupid health anxiety).

Hurdity

Re: Ovulation pain during menopause
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 08:20:40 AM »

Hi the gregs52

Sorry to hear about your pains. I also get pains which I presume are in my ovary - but scans have shown nothing untoward. I've been taking HRT for 13 years.

Actually you are not deemed to be post-menopause until you have been without a natural period for 12 months - the time on HRT does not count because of the hormones you have been taking. What HRT were you taking and how old are you, and can you remind us about your cycle and HRT history? It may well be that you are not menopausal yet - depending on these factors.

How are you feeling generally now you are off HRT, apart from the pains? Hopefully coping!

As always anything that you are concerned about - eg if the pains persist or get worse, then do contact your doctor.

Hurdity x