Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: HRT... what do I do next?  (Read 759 times)

angelteejay

HRT... what do I do next?
« on: March 02, 2020, 01:20:32 PM »

I have been on HRT for just over a month. Oestrogel 2 pumps and Utrogestan 100mg. I came off the mini pill last week due to suddenly feeling very down and it was decided by my GP it could have been too much progesterone in my body. It was agreed I could also take the Utrogestan vaginally instead of orally. I still feeling so sad all the time. I just feel so sorry for myself. I just want to be happy again and feel like me. I have the odd glimpse of me and the odd feeling of happiness but most of the time I feel deflated and I just muddle through. I am officially post-menopausal according to my FSH results but I don't know what to do next. I know I've not been on HRT long but I had such high hopes and was so excited to go on it after literally years of peri menopause. I know last year was a stressful year and I got very anxious and in a state about lots of things, namely me because I have health anxiety, but I do know deep down I am ok and it's just my hormones playing havoc. But by now I would have thought HRT would be kicking in. I keep reading how so many women feel amazing after just two weeks :( well that's not me. I shouldn't have expected miracles but I kind of did... any help would be gratefully received. Thank you for reading xx

Sammiejane

Re: HRT... what do I do next?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 02:37:01 PM »

hi stella jane

by the time i find my right hrt it will be time to come off it haha 🤣

i seem to get some meno symtoms under control but then have side effects from the hrt x

the flushes have stop now adding in the progesterone and has helped with mood and aniexty however ....... bladder irritation (even worse on ovestin nights) weeing more often a sense of feeling sore down there and dryer and last couple of days had bloating come out of nowhere and feeling very top heavy (applying gel to arms ) x
it was suggested that the dose of progesterone is to high to use ss mood stabilizer so i missed last night in the hope to take every other night but today i?m filled with aniexty and want to cry so this isn't going to work it's all or nothing on the progesterone but i?m wondering whether maybe i need more estrogen ?

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 04:44:08 PM »

Are you taking utrogestan every evening angelteejay? If so this
could be the problem it's literally too much progesterone for you.  Many of us take it on a cycle to minimise the negative effects of progesterone. I certainly couldn't take it every day I would be feeling exactly as you do x

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 05:22:14 PM »

Oh no, poor you. I know exactly how you feel re being despondent about it not working for you as it seems to be "the" regime that people finally settle on. Personally, I hated it and it hated me! I'm progesterone intolerant myself.

Firstly yes it is early days, the guidelines do suggest to try something for 3 months to make sure you've given it a good try. It feels pretty hard to do that when you are feeling so low and rough I know. StellaJane is right, there are a lot more options to try yet before giving up completely. Could you put up with a cycle, even maybe a longer cycle than 14 out of 28 days? There's a few ladies doing this and feeling more able to cope with it. If not, maybe something like Femiston Conti, this is the only progesterone I could/can tolerate.

Sending you a massive hug, please go and have a chat with your GP xx

angelteejay

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 06:55:51 PM »

Thanks everyone. I'm more worried that I don't know if I still have periods because of the mini pill I was taking. So even though I'm now taking Utrogestan vaginally every other day I'm not sure if I?ll bleed or what will happen? I think I?ll have to call my doctor again although I was calling every day last week asking questions so I think they will be really fed up with me :( xx

Penelope

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 07:09:55 PM »

Hello angleteejay

Your question is one that is asked over and over on this forum.

I am on Kliovance continuous HRT

I spent the first 87 days feeling like it did not agree with me and I was not on the right one and could have stopped it any day for Just these reasons alone the side effects were terrible and horrible.I could have given up just because I had done one month or two.

LadyBT sent me a wonderful post on here and I copied it and pasted it.
Most days I read it and it spurred me on to keep going.

Thank goodness I did not give up because  at day 87 it was all over and I started to feel great!

It all really does take three months to settle.
I am very much looking forward to the ten month mark to feel it's full effect.

Remember we are really unwell when we finally take HRT and are wishing for a quick fix certainly not
To feel worse than we did.

It has taken your  hormones such a gradual slow process to get you to the point you are so it's natural
That it takes so long to undo it.

Good luck honey keep us posted🌹

angelteejay

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 04:17:34 PM »

Thank you. I have had an improvement this week and felt brilliant on Wednesday! I have a FitBit and my sleep is improving week on week even though I feel very tired still. But I can see for myself that it's getting better and I have virtually no night sweats. I guess the mood changes and other symptoms will take time to improve too. X