Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Scams etc. NHS [Tesco, Morrisons etc.]  (Read 1590 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Scams etc. NHS [Tesco, Morrisons etc.]
« on: April 01, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »

Can as many of you as possible copy, print and take these to supermarkets next time you visit.  I am being slammed on local Facebook for suggesting this is a scam and that it would have been issued by a workers Union or the Company HQ.  I've tried to ring 2 of the supermarkets named but get a recorded message which doesn't lead me to a real live person.  Surely a high-end national company would not allow employees to put out such a press message?

A Must Read from Employees at the Supermarkets!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

Just because we are open doesn't mean we are here for you to spend your time BROWSING around.

We are designated as an ESSENTIAL SERVICE. We are not here for you because you have nothing else to do. We are not here for you because you feel like getting out of the house for awhile. We are in a STATE OF EMERGENCY. This is NOT A VACATION!

Every customer who walks in our doors PUTS US AT RISK. We really don't want to be here, but we realize that we are needed. YOU don't see how many times a day we wash and sanitize our hands to try to keep ourselves safe.

YOU don't see our upset co-workers in the break room struggling to keep their composure. YOU don't see our spouses who worry about us every minute we are at work and who are our strength when we get home. We have our jobs to do and we realize the IMPORTANCE OF OUR JOB TO YOU.

The LEAST you can do is come in with a sense of purpose, get what you need, and get yourselves HOME. IN AND OUT.
Please share, maybe we can get the message out there. Copy this and then paste it on your timelines.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:20:46 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

Re: Tesco, Morrisons, Asda and [can't remember]
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 02:35:49 PM »

Oh and Sainsburys ...........  >:(

Two hoots

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »

Where did you see this ?

Would you use the word vacation I would say holiday, could it be an American statement  ???

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 05:38:34 PM »

Off the village facebook pages and I'm being slammed there for not believing it.  I think vacation is in common use here as is 'furlough'

Donnadoobie

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 07:57:15 AM »

Realize is an American spelling too.

Sparrow

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 08:05:12 AM »

We have been advised, by government, to beware of false information and miss information, available on the Web during the crisis. Also not to pass it on or reproduced anything with dubious origins.

Now I am not one for following government advice over restricting the flow of information (can be dangerous), but I am supportive of this.  People can say anything online but that doesn't mean it's true.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 08:33:47 AM »

tnx.  It was on the Village Facebook all yesterday afternoon.  Not there now  :-\ after I mentioned that I had rung supermarkets to find out.  I will be alerting them in due course. 

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 12:20:19 PM »

Another waste of time and energy?

In an email to the BBC, the staff nurse, who said she was based in Birmingham, wrote that she had "organised a small team" to help her coordinate the artwork and hoped to get enough to share with other temporary hospitals as well, once they are set up.

She asked for pictures to be laminated before they were sent in the post.

Hundreds of parents took part, asking their children to draw rainbow-themed pictures, laminating them and sending them in.

However the NHS has asked people to share them online instead,

using #RainbowsForNightingale.

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 01:54:55 PM »

tnx.  It was on the Village Facebook all yesterday afternoon.  Not there now  :-\ after I mentioned that I had rung supermarkets to find out.  I will be alerting them in due course.

On what date did the message about supermarket workers appear on your village Facebook? Was it 1st April?

JP x

CLKD

Re: Scams etc. NHS [Tesco, Morrisons etc.]
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »

that crossed my mind too ...........  ::)