Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan vaginally/orally  (Read 590 times)

Eagle87

Utrogestan vaginally/orally
« on: March 02, 2020, 11:45:08 AM »

Hi I'm on my second cycle of utrofirst cycle I took it orally and it helped me sleep but very vivid dreams.. I tried one day vaginally that cycle and gthat gave insomnia

Yesterday was first day of this cycle I took it orally and had soooo bad Insomnia and the 1.5 hrs i was asleep dreams were so bad....
I'm devastated and I dont know how to take it tonight... I really need some sleep..

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan vaginally/orally
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 03:15:42 PM »

Hi Eagle87 - sorry to hear about your Utrogestan woes. Unfortunately this is the experence of many of us who take it. You get used to the dreams! I find it has a double effect ( I have only ever used it vaginally) - it makes me very sluggish and lethargic - sleep and foggy-headed ( I'm right near the end of my current course/cycle so feeling it now...) and can't wake up in the morning very easily ( even worse than usual),  but at the same time I have to wake to pee when using it so then I sometimes can't get back to sleep once it's past about 3.30 am, so sometimes lie awake for a couple of hourse - like last night! Very annoying. I'm afraid I just grin and bear it - easy now as I'm retired but I did have years of it while working but decided I would just put up with because I didn't want to take synthetic progestogens.

Vaginally is supposed to be associated with fewer side effects but not sure about sleep? What dose are you taking, what dose/type of oestrogen and where are you in menopause/how old? Maybe you need to increase oestrogen?

Hurdity x

Eagle87

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 05:33:27 PM »

[
Hi.im.not in menopause I'm only 32 I'm taking it to treat post natal depression I'm on 4 pumps and 7 days utrogestan I taken it vaginally today will see what happens so scared of tonight

quote author=Hurdity link=topic=47266.msg760234#msg760234 date=1583162142]
Hi Eagle87 - sorry to hear about your Utrogestan woes. Unfortunately this is the experence of many of us who take it. You get used to the dreams! I find it has a double effect ( I have only ever used it vaginally) - it makes me very sluggish and lethargic - sleep and foggy-headed ( I'm right near the end of my current course/cycle so feeling it now...) and can't wake up in the morning very easily ( even worse than usual),  but at the same time I have to wake to pee when using it so then I sometimes can't get back to sleep once it's past about 3.30 am, so sometimes lie awake for a couple of hourse - like last night! Very annoying. I'm afraid I just grin and bear it - easy now as I'm retired but I did have years of it while working but decided I would just put up with because I didn't want to take synthetic progestogens.

Vaginally is supposed to be associated with fewer side effects but not sure about sleep? What dose are you taking, what dose/type of oestrogen and where are you in menopause/how old? Maybe you need to increase oestrogen?

Hurdity x
[/quote]

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 07:15:23 PM »

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Eagle - about your PND. How old is your little one? When do you insert the utro? I always put mine in at night. Please try not to be scared - I hope you have someone there with you. Try to relax and keep calm when you can't sleep - find some calming exercises, breathing, some form of meditation while you are lying there, transporting yourself (mind) elsewhere.... easier said than done I know.  All the best for tonight...

Hurdity x