Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Constant pain behind my eyes  (Read 1802 times)

shrosphirelass

Constant pain behind my eyes
« on: March 01, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »

I am having ongoing pain behind my eyes, particularly behind my right eye . Although the severity varies, there's no let up and it's really getting me down. Don't know what to do, I'm avoiding pain killers because dr advised re rebound headaches.

shrosphirelass

Re: Constant pain behind my eyes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 06:49:04 PM »

Hi again Sparkle, I have ongoing headaches and have recently finished a 7 day headache / migraine, which at its peak wiped me out. I was ok for a couple of days and now have this constant pressure / pain. Worse today. I've had it before but not so ongoing. I've upped my HRT to 3 daily instead of 3.5 and have started vagifem last week, instead of estriol (on day 8) and wondered if they had any impact. Clutching at straws, as Ive been on HRT for 18 months and don't understand why reoccurence of headaches, and not other symptoms (bad stomach and dizziness). Probably shouldn't be looking at a sceen but need to try and distract myself.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 07:08:37 PM »

Keep on with the vagifem!

If it feels like pressure then visit your Optician ASAP.  Are you hydrated enough?

Bobidy

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 07:37:14 PM »

I used to have horrible eye pain, blurry vision and black floaters. All started with myriad of peri crap! Do go to optician for reassurance. Check on Specsavers website where you can get a free eye test near you or your employer may pay for it too.

Mine all went away with hrt. They can still get a little dry but no pain any more. Do get it checked out though x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 08:27:49 PM »

Thanks both, I did go to the opticians at the end of the summer last year following increasing headaches. My vision was fine, so I don't think it would be that. I guess it's just one of those things but it's very hard to endure. Glad the HRT worked for you Bobidy. I'm starting to think that it musn't be hormonally related (any more) as its too ongoing and Ive been on HRT for over 18 months

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 09:04:35 PM »

I would go back to the doctor and ask for a referral. I think it should be investigated, it may not be meno related.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 09:36:37 AM »

I agree - better to ask and get some relief than continue to assume and suffer  :-\

Any improvement this morning?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 03:45:04 PM »

Hurrah CLKD yes, feeling much better, can still feel it, but not as bad. I had to catch the 7.00 train and managed fine despite a bad night with head pain, but it has now eased off. Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

Maybe I'm better when Im not staring at a screen all day. Interestingly, Ive only been home 45 minutes and I can feel it building a bit again, maybe a coincidence, who knows.

I will check it out with the dr, it's a constant theme anyway, but although he's really nice and helpful, I don't think he knows what to do with me. Ive never had any physical exams, except my sinuses checked a couple of years ago.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 03:51:00 PM »

OK - so how is your work station?  Your employer has a duty of care to make sure that you are seated correctly for the work you do and that you take your legally entitled time away from the screen.

How is your neck?  If you are not sitting correctly it may impact on neck, back of the head, eyes ........ so make sure that your seating positions are correct.  Your foot wear?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 07:34:13 PM »

I am a mature student so it's my own responsibility. I've recently been spending hours studying at home, so this could indeed be part of the problem.  Dr said it may be neck related, even though no soreness, clutching at straws, but anythings worth considering. So over the next couple of months I probably need to explore osteopath, optician and dentist.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 07:53:41 PM »

Save your money and put your sitting position right?  I have sciatica yesterday and I know it's how I was sitting - obviously not correctly.

A cushion behind your back might help.  Give yourself regular breaks from the bad sitting position. 

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 08:45:02 PM »

I found that by lifting my reading to eye level rather than leaning forwards: with a cushion and then bought a specific book thingy  ::) I eased my neck problems.