Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan use confusion 🤔  (Read 523 times)

angelteejay

Utrogestan use confusion 🤔
« on: March 01, 2020, 01:03:35 PM »

I saw my GP on Friday after lots of chopping and changing my HRT and stopping the mini pill. He agreed I could use Utrogestan vaginally and told me to use 100mg capsule every other day. I started that last night. I slept well, too well really, as feel groggy and rubbish today. But my question is, because I've also this week stopped the mini pill, and have no idea where my periods are, (I'm 50 and was on it for 3.5 years) am I using Utrogestan correctly? I've read posts that women are using it in different ways to enable them to still have a bleed? But how do I know what's right for me if I don't know if I'm having periods or not? I've also read some women only take it for 7 days out of the month. Why is this? Any help would be gratefully received 🤞🤞🤞

angelteejay

Re: Utrogestan use confusion 🤔
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 02:13:34 PM »

I've not had a period for three years but that could be the mini pill. My FSH level was 73 indicating ?menopause? and I was peri-menopausal from the age of 40. I think my GP put me on continuous because of this but now I've stopped taking the mini pill, things have changed. I'm not sure what you mean by ?might not be ready for a no bleed??