Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Very slight bleeding on Evorel Conti  (Read 555 times)

VavaVroomGone

Very slight bleeding on Evorel Conti
« on: March 01, 2020, 07:54:50 AM »

Good morning all.
I've been on Evorel Conti patches since last September (5 months). I have had 2 very very slight bleeds - one about 2 months in and today. To be honest, it's barely noticeable, but of course I'm now worried. Should I be?

I'm 60. I have had various minor health issues in the past 3 months (unrelated to hormones) - a serious ear infection, and severe dental pain, impacted wisdom tooth out under GA... All this has resulted in me going back on fluoxetine, taking amoxicillin (i'm on a 3rd course while I wait for molar tooth extraction 😭 as the wisdom tooth removal didnt solve the pain).

Because of  all the pain and anxiety, I think,  my blood pressure was high. My GP said he normally wouldn't prescribe anything as it was borderline but  I need to have good blood pressure for IV sedation so he's given me some amlodipine for a month.

Is it possible all these factors could be related to the slight bleed?

I think I'm just falling apart 😖

If anyone can offer me some words of comfort I'd be very grateful.

Katejo

Re: Very slight bleeding on Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 12:36:11 PM »

Good morning all.
I've been on Evorel Conti patches since last September (5 months). I have had 2 very very slight bleeds - one about 2 months in and today. To be honest, it's barely noticeable, but of course I'm now worried. Should I be?

I'm 60. I have had various minor health issues in the past 3 months (unrelated to hormones) - a serious ear infection, and severe dental pain, impacted wisdom tooth out under GA... All this has resulted in me going back on fluoxetine, taking amoxicillin (i'm on a 3rd course while I wait for molar tooth extraction 😭 as the wisdom tooth removal didnt solve the pain).

Because of  all the pain and anxiety, I think,  my blood pressure was high. My GP said he normally wouldn't prescribe anything as it was borderline but  I need to have good blood pressure for IV sedation so he's given me some amlodipine for a month.

Is it possible all these factors could be related to the slight bleed?

I think I'm just falling apart 😖

If anyone can offer me some words of comfort I'd be very grateful.
Hi VavaVroomGone   I don't think you need to worry yet. I started Evorel Conti patches last May when i was 56. I was initially on half patches and only started full ones in late June. I was told then that bleeding during the first 6 months is perfectly normal. I didn't get any until late September. Since then I have had it intermittently but never heavy. You probably need to get it checked if it goes beyond 6 months. I have had to do so and still don't have a final result. I only know so far that mine isn't caused by fibroids or polyps (hysteroscopy but too painful for them to take a biopsy so I am waiting for a further referral) . I have a follow up appointment on wednesday this week.   :)

VavaVroomGone

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 04:45:23 PM »

Thank you so much!
I hope your appointment goes well. Fingers all crossed  :)

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 06:17:20 PM »

Thank you so much!
I hope your appointment goes well. Fingers all crossed  :)
My follow up is only with the meno consultant. I have questions to ask but may still gave a longer wait before a pre op appt for the hysteroscopy. I will be asking why there is a sudden jump from 'bleeding is normal ' to you must have a hysteroscopy  NOW followed by a wait of several weeks.