Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Newbie here - just want to say hi!  (Read 711 times)

corianne

Newbie here - just want to say hi!
« on: March 20, 2020, 08:16:49 AM »

Hi!
I'm a mum, wife and carer - I'm also 47 and peri menopausal and have been suffering in silence for the past couple of years.
When I reached breaking point, and knew I wasn't well I finally went to see my GP and she put me on HRT.
I still feel like I'm struggling, everything about me seems to have changed (physically, mentally and emotionally) over the past 2 years, and I don't know if I'll ever feel 'right' again.
I have read through some posts, and it has given me hope - so many things I can identify with! So I look forward to learning more and hopefully improving things.
It feels good to know I am not going through this alone  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie here - just want to say hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 09:35:26 AM »

Hi.  Never alone on here  :welcomemm: ........

It's The Change - does what is says on the tin  >:(  ::)

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful.  Gentle regular exercise.  Lots of 'me' time ;-).  Some become sensitive to alcohol and foods, usually things that we like. 

HORMONES  >:(. if you put your symptom into the search box you will find threads - make notes. Do read those on vaginal atrophy too.

corianne

Re: Newbie here - just want to say hi!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:03:23 AM »

Thank you  :)
I shall definitely keep a diary and take notes, when they call it the change they really mean it don't they.. :-\
I've heard of 'me' time but haven't managed to find it just yet, a bit like loo roll..  ;D
Thank you again for the advice
xx