Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Changing to Femoston 2/10  (Read 646 times)

Paula469

Changing to Femoston 2/10
« on: February 28, 2020, 01:10:23 PM »

Hi, I have been using estradiol 100 patches with utrogestan tablets. Saw gp today and changing to Femoston 2/10. I asked when I should start Femoston (would start taking utrogestan tonight) and she said straightaway. However, the leaflet says start taking at the end of the progesterone phase which is the opposite of what she said. I am not that keen to take more utrogestan, is it safe to switch and have 2 more weeks of oestrogen only?

Hurdity

Re: Changing to Femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 05:43:02 PM »

Hi Paula469

:welcomemm:

I would suggest if you are due to start the progesterone phase tonight, then perhpas start the packet back to front ie start with the combi pills and then the oestrogen only.

It also depends to some extent where you are in menopause, how old you are, what sort of bleeds you've been getting on your current regime and the dose (100 or 200 mg) and delivery method (ie oral or vaginal).

However it won't do you nay harm to have an extra 2 weeks on oestrogen only - but depending on your own cycle you might end up bleeding after two weeks anyway?

Hurdity x

Paula469

Re: Changing to Femoston 2/10
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 06:44:36 PM »

Hi Hurdity, I did wonder if starting the pack back to front would be a good idea.

I am 50, peri menopausal. I was taking 200mg utrogestan orally, I would usually have a bleed lasting 4-5 days when I had stopped taking the utrogestan.
Thanks.