Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utro period early confused 😖  (Read 846 times)

lillith112

Utro period early confused 😖
« on: February 24, 2020, 11:46:06 PM »

Hi, it's my first month on patches and utro days 15 - 26, I still have regular cycles 28 days. My period arrived early day 24 while still taking utro. I'm really confused now as to what counts as cycle day 1, is it first day of my period, so take utro 15 days later to sync with my period or count it from day 26 when utro stopped or even day 28 like my normal cycle ?, I've no idea what to do 😡.

Dotty

Re: Utro period early confused 😖
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »

Hi you just start the utrogestan on the same date every month. That's the easiest way to do it x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 07:37:28 PM »

As Dotty says - once you've started on the HRT and prog regime you just continue to take it (prog) regularly irrespective of when the bleed comes. If your periods were still spot on 28 days every month when you started hRT  (although this is unlikely as HRT is normally prescribed when peri-menopause starts and cycles have become irregular) then you would start the utro at the appropriate time, and then start taking it again exactly 28 days later ie on the same day of the week ( that's how I used to do it because I wanted to have the withdrawal at the same time of the week). You don't need to keep changing when you take it- only if your cycle becomes very out of sync so you end up bleeding twice maybe?

Hurdity x

lillith112

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »

Thankyou Dotty and Hurdity, I will start taking the utero 28 days later. I do have regular periods but have every other symptom of peri, also did a meno test which came out positive.  x

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 05:27:41 PM »

Cycles can get shorter as well as longer in peri. I find it better to change the hrt cycle to fit in with my own, trying to fit my cycle into a hrt cycle just doesn't work for me and results in bleeding at any time, sometimes twice in a month. I start taking utro a couple of days after I've ovulated.

lillith112

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 07:36:04 PM »

Sheila, how do you know when you've ovulated, are you on estrogen patches ?, since I started the HRT I don't think I ovulated at all last cycle.  I know what you mean as I thought it would be best to count my period as day 1 and start utero day 15 of cycle.

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 10:16:38 PM »

I'm on gel. I get more mucous when I ovulate followed by sore boobs. I would also take the start of your bleed to be day 1. I don't know if it's right or not but it works for me.

lillith112

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 11:02:15 PM »

Thanks for your reply Sheila. I might get some ovulation tests to check if I still ovulate on the HRT. I also get the egg white mucous around ovulation but didn't notice any last cycle. I think the HRT stopped me ovulating.