Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Have to stop HRT. Oh God.  (Read 3749 times)

rolercoasterhell

Re: Have to stop HRT. Oh God.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2020, 05:53:45 PM »

Thank you Wrensong. How kind of you to post.
I didn't mean to upset Gypsy-quite the opposite actually. I was trying to say that perhaps she won't be too ill without oestrogen because the antidepressant will keep her afloat.
Whatever the outcome I wish Gypsy well. I feel dreadfully sorry for her. Life really isn't fair.
X

Wrensong

Re: Have to stop HRT. Oh God.
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2020, 07:16:16 PM »

Of course you didn't mean anything upsetting rolercoaster, we can see that from the sympathetic wording of your original post.  I got the impression you were offering reassurance in what is a terribly difficult situation for GRL.  I think we all feel very protective when a member suffers such dreadful misfortune & I think CLKD was simply trying to explain that there was a long history behind the situation.  I don't think anyone meant any offence. 

It's devastating when any of us is diagnosed with BC, but treatments are well rehearsed & very effective these days, so there is every reason to be optimistic of a full recovery.  Unfortunately 1 in 8 women will develop BC at some point in their lives & in my experience breast surgeons are some of the most open-minded medics regarding causation, as the condition is complex & varied & the state of knowledge still incomplete. 

It's clear from this thread that we all share your good wishes for GRL.  I was also sorry to hear of your own struggles & hope you find useful info, wisdom & support on the forum, as menopause can be such a difficult time for so many of us.

Keep posting.
Wx
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:21:12 PM by Wrensong »
Pages: 1 2 [3]