Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This is getting ridiculous !  (Read 1745 times)

Rosie63

Re: This is getting ridiculous !
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 10:04:25 PM »

Hi Ladybt28 - thanks for taking the time to reply and I'm happy to receive your two penneth 😊  it's kind of reassuring to me to know that I'm not the only one who has tried to many different HRTs without any success whatsoever.  I hope you don't mind me asking but are you settled on a regime now and how long did it take to find 'the one? if you have found it?  The symptoms you describe sound so similar to how I'm feeling and I'm wondering if you found that you felt worse on the HRT's that didn't work for you ?

Thanks so much for your support.

Rosie63 x

Ladybt28

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 10:22:52 PM »

Its hard to say you feel worse Rosie when you feel absolutely awful all of the time. Femeston gave me different and worse headaches for example. Evoril increased the nausea and Provera progesterone sent me completely off my head with, like, a manic depression!  In answer to your questions, I have posted a similar reply on another post for Warwick01.
It took 3 years and when on the right regime 7 months to settle in total. If you look up my name you can find my rather long and horrible story but the good news is that I suppose I am proof that there can be a solution if you stick at it long enough.  I was so bad for so long there was no other option for me but to find a solution, giving up was most definitely NOT on the option list.

It took so long because I was religious in sticking to the 3 month rule of trying each one except the Provera which never made it past 6 weeks because it was immediately obvious it was definitely not for me!!!  If you are persistent and in tune with your body and I suppose you get more practice the longer this stuff goes on! ::) >:( then you get to know what is starting to work which bit is no good and what most definitely won't suit however long you try.
Its all a long haul of trial and error I'm afraid x

Rosie63

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 10:41:05 AM »

Thank you ladies for your support, advice and suggestions.

Your surgery sounds very organised Dandelion.  Ours has just moved to new premises and has incorporated 3 surgeries into one, although I still keep the same doctors as before. 

I only saw my doctor a couple of weeks ago and she prescribed Premarin and also gave me another prescription for gel and Utrogestan. I only took the Premarin for 3 days because I felt and looked awful.  My husband even said how ill I looked.  I actually felt as if I might shuffle of this mortal earth so I knew for sure it wasn't for me !! 

LadyBT28 - I had a very quick look at some of your posts last night and it looks as though you were also on Prempak and had tried Premarin.  I can also see what a horrendous time you've had of it all. I'm very pleased that you have finally found something that works for you and you've also given me hope that there might be something out there for me too. 

Thanks again to you all and wishing you well.

Rosie63 x

Ladybt28

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 12:05:22 AM »

Yep Prempak was the first thing I was given and I stayed on it until it was discontinued and all it did was stop the flushes but other than that nothing else. I really had no idea about meno or that it wasn't actually working to do what hrt should.  I just thought that for my whole life I had been pretty ill so I just expected to stay that way. Now I know all my problems were pretty much hormonal since a teenager.  They gave me the Premarin with Provera and that progesterone was the worst ever for me.

I think there is probably a combo out there for everyone Rosie63 but its just that it can take such huge amount of time and mucking about not everyone has the stamina!  ::) x
Stick with it if you can, and hope you can find something.  x
Pages: 1 [2]