Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet 1mg/Novofem  (Read 741 times)

Starshell

Elleste Duet 1mg/Novofem
« on: February 27, 2020, 12:24:13 PM »

Hi All, quite new here
Been on hrt just over a year, periods still quite regular so peri menopausal
femoston didn't suit me at all so got Elleste duet 1 mg before the shortages and although it's given me worse acne I feel I have felt better otherwise
As I could no longer get Elleste I asked here and was kindly informed about Novofem being a suitable replacement (it has same ingredients as Elleste) after quite a battle getting through to GP, pharmacy etc, numerous visits back and to that has gone on for 3 days I eventually managed to get my script today, hurrah!
However I am reading the instructions now and it states Novofem is for women who are post menopausal with at least 6m since last period?  :'( I am so confused! Especially as they have the two different colour tablets and the exact same ingredients as the Elleste duet 1mg? Will they be suitable for me and I also wanted to ask will they give me a monthly bleed, as I think I still need this at this stage of menopause and as I am still regular and only 48
Please help, I am at the end of my tether with everything and have already nearly cried in the pharmacy today  :o

Dotty

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg/Novofem
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 12:59:40 PM »

https://www.nhsborders.scot.nhs.uk/BordersFormulary/6.4%20Sex%20Hormones.html

If you have a look at this article you can see that Novofem is the  same asElleste Duet and is for peri menopause . X

Starshell

Re: Elleste Duet 1mg/Novofem
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 01:09:58 PM »

Thanks Dotty! I'm just going to take it and see what happens! I just can't understand why it says in the instructions it's for post menopause when it has exactly the same ingredients as the Elleste duet 1mg which is for peri menopause? I am  not going back to the doctors as think they've had enough of me!