Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: L-Theanine with lemon balm  (Read 1765 times)

ladylollipop

L-Theanine with lemon balm
« on: February 26, 2020, 08:47:53 AM »

Dear ladies, Harmony recommended to take l theanine with lemon balm for being less anxious. As it seems I can't get the product ( only without lemon balm) here in Germany. I wanted to ask if you can recommend a brand so I can order it in the Uk. Thanks

Hug
Lady lollipop

Harmony

Re: L-Theanine with lemon balm
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 02:41:56 PM »

Hi ladylollipop. Sorry I didn't reply to your previous post last night. I have ME/CFS and needed to rest after posting, as I get very tired. I've checked my tablets, and the l-theanine with lemon balm product contains 200mg l-theanine per two tablets. They also do l-theanine on its own, which contains the same amount in one tablet and is about half the price, but the additional lemon balm seems to be even more effective.

I highly recommend Nature's Best, I've bought my supplements from them for 25+ years. They're a very reputable company, and their products are guaranteed to contain what the label says. Unfortunately it's very common for supplements to contain much less than they say they do, sometimes they don't contain any active ingredients at all! Also supplements can contain impurities, Nature's Best use pharmaceutical grade ingredients in their products. It's actually legal for companies to say that their products are made in the UK, for example, when they're made in another country but packed here. Nature's Best products are made in the UK. Lots of supplements are made in China, I certainly wouldn't want to take those! 🙄
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 02:44:28 PM by Harmony »

ladylollipop

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »

Hallo harmony, thanks for your reply. Is CFS = chronic fatigue syndrome? So sorry for you. I have ordered viridian at amazon. Seemed to be the quickest way. Looked it up and the company seems to be a well known brand in the Uk. Hope so! I ordered a small amount for the first time( 30 pills) if it works for me I maybe can buy it in the uk directly. I will maybe be there in April. My daughter has got a british boyfriend  :) thanks again for your help.
Hug
Lady lollipop

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 07:02:14 PM »

I grow lemon balm which spreads.  Rapidly.  I could post you some  :D

Harmony

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 07:13:07 PM »

You're welcome ladylollipop. Thanks, yes, it's  officially known as chronic fatigue syndrome, though those of us with it hate that name as it doesn't begin to describe it, it sounds as if it just means we're a bit tired! It's so much more than that with countless debilitating symptoms, and the fatigue is overwhelming exhaustion where you literally have to drag yourself out of bed, and can only do a fraction of what you used to be able to do.

Viridian is a good brand, certainly one of the better ones. I hope it helps you. Sometimes your body becomes tolerant to supplements and they stop working. If that happens I'd take a break for a couple of weeks or more, then start it again.

ladylollipop

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 07:35:06 PM »

Thanks for your offer, CLKD.  ;D

Harmony, my best friend's daughter seems to have CFS at the age of 21. she caught the epstein barr virus years ago and something happened. Horrible! I will let you know if L- theanine is working for me. Should be here on Friday. Do you take one or two tablets per day?
Hug
Lady Lollipop

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 07:37:13 PM »

Once you have lemon balm in the garden, it will be there for ever  ;D

Harmony

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2020, 01:11:40 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that your friends daughter has CFS/ME, especially at her age. Unfortunately it's often caused by having the Epstein Barr virus. I hope she recovers to some degree.

Viridian is a good brand, certainly one of the better ones. I hope it helps you. Sometimes your body becomes tolerant to supplements and they stop working. If that happens I'd take a break for a couple of weeks or more, then start it again. How many tablets you need to take depends on the brand. The dosage will be on the container. It would be great to hear how you get on with it. 🙂

I just remembered that progressive muscle relaxation is really good for anxiety too. Someone gave me a very good CD for it, unfortunately it's not on general sale. You should be able to find recordings of it on YouTube etc.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »

Don't need a CD for that - practice by stretching the toes, holding for 5 counts, then relax.  Go up the body through the various muscle groups doing the same, calves next: relax.  I used to do this in bed last thing at night ;-).

I also had a radio by the bed playing soft music.