Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Post menopausal bleed  (Read 706 times)

aseamark

Post menopausal bleed
« on: February 25, 2020, 11:03:53 PM »

Hi.
I am 57 and had my last period in June 2018. In the past I had a mirena coil with HRT patch so no periods for many years.
I recently had sore boobs and didn't think much of it but over the weekend had a bleed . Mainly when wiping myself after a wee ( sorry ).
I assumed it was a period but it's over 12 months since I last had one.
I know I need to speak to a GP but I'm confused re the sore boobs . Surely it's just hormonal?

Hurdity

Re: Post menopausal bleed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 08:35:41 AM »

Hi aseamark

Yes you should go to your GP as you say - because a post-menopausal bleed at that age is less likely to be due to a natural cycle even though you have had the sore boobs etc indicating a likely hormonal reason. Not out of the question but just to put your mind at rest really. When did you stop HRT and have the last Mirena removed? Presumably you don't know when your natural menopause would have been as a result?

Hurdity x

aseamark

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 07:54:56 PM »

Thanks for replying .
I had my coil removed a couple of years ago and stopped HRT about 3 years ago . So clear of all hormones for some time now .
I have taken my own advise and spoke with GP and have been given urgent referral .

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 08:11:57 PM »

Let us know how you get on. The sore boobs does sound like a hormonal blip but getting checked out is the best course of action.

Taz x