Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: More advice on HRT  (Read 624 times)

pooky70

• First Flush
More advice on HRT
« on: February 26, 2020, 10:18:55 AM »

Hi ladies, I've only posted once on here but I keep reading your posts and it has been really helpful. I'm coming back to you for some more personal advice regarding HRT.

I have just turned 50 and have been having perimenopause symptoms for a few years now, mainly depression and anxiety, which peaked a year ago. I started HRT 9 months ago, patches and Mirena, increasing progressively from 25 to 75. I could feel a steady improvement and thought we had hit the right spot but 10 days ago after over 2 months on that dose, anxiety and depression returned with a vengeance. It turned out I was about to have a period. It has left me reeling and almost back to square one  :'(. I have never had any psychological issues, hormone related or other, before my 40s, except for when I stopped the pill in my mid-30s, only for a few months.

I am wondering what do to next. Should I move up to 100, seems high and we?re advised to keep the dose as low as possible? Switch to gel so I can avoid the stress of finding patches and possibly tweak the dose as needed in case of another bad period?

For a full picture, please note that I had a thyroidectomy a few years ago (enlarged gland and above symptoms, although thyroid test results were fine) and have had a few blood tests since starting HRT which have not shown any impact on thyroid function.

Thank you in advance  :)!