Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Questions for vaginal utrogestan users please  (Read 1513 times)

Dandelion

Questions for vaginal utrogestan users please
« on: February 25, 2020, 07:01:19 PM »

Hi

As a vaginal utrogestan user, I noticed that when I go to the loo for a wee, I see white bits in the loo which i assume are remnants of the outer skin of the capsule.
I also sometimes notice this white on my finger when I insert the capsule vaginally.
I am asking because my Dr inserted a speculum inside me to see if I have a prolapse as I am weeing frequently, and has ordered a scan, but she did say I had thrush.
As I have no thrush symptoms, I am assuming the white bits in my urine and on my finger are just bits of old capsule in my vagina.
My question is this, does any other  users of vaginal utrogestan have these white bits in their urine or notice remnants of old capsule when inserting?
All help appreciated.
Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Questions for vaginal utrogestan users please
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 07:39:15 PM »

Hi Dandelion - I think you've asked this before. Yes I always get white bits in the loo next morning when doing the vag prog (or during the night if I wee then -but that's in the dark so I don't look  ;D ). Don't worry about it.

Hurdity x

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »

Hi Dandelion - I think you've asked this before. Yes I always get white bits in the loo next morning when doing the vag prog (or during the night if I wee then -but that's in the dark so I don't look  ;D ). Don't worry about it.

Hurdity x
Hi Hurdity

Sorry for repeating the question, I honestly didn't remember asking it before or I would have gone back over my old posts.
Thanks for sharing your experience, it confirms I don't have thrush.
Not that thrush is a major issue, but thanks for the confirmation anyway.
Glad I don't have a prolapse, and glad doc sending me for scan, she was on about prescribing drugs, hope I don't need them, hope the bladder training suggestions start working, the double void isn't but I am waiting longer between wees, so my bladder gets trained.
I read on youtube about 'bossy bladder' seems like mine's bossing me around, time to take control and see what scan brings.
Thanks again
x

Dandelion

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 05:14:03 PM »

Using Utrogestan vaginally can irritate the bladder, plus progesterone is naturally a diuretic.

Have you considered using Vagifem?  Local oestrogen is far and away the best remedy I've found for any bladder frequency issues.
Hi
Thanks for your suggestion.
I had to have my evorel decreased due to uncontrolled bleeding from the failure of utrogestan.
The bleeding hasn't stopped, it began in 2018 and I had a hysteroscopy, and 100mg utro was added, things went ok, bleeding returned, then doc reduced evorel to stop over opposition, but bleeding returned.
I can't change utro regime as I am addicted to valium and utrogestan is cross tolerant with valium, so i cant go oral as it would mess up the GABA receptors.
Would vagifem increase my estrogen levels, causing more bleeding?
Thanks