Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cycle turned upside down  (Read 1517 times)

Hillbilly

Cycle turned upside down
« on: February 25, 2020, 07:59:59 AM »

Hi all, can anyone help with my upside down cycle?

Usually as soon as I finish my period I am happy for a week or so, my libido is up and all is well, then in week 3 my mood starts to drop until my period and it all starts again.
However, my cycle is all over the place right now, 2 weeks ago (week 4 and 1)) my libido was through the roof and i was happy and confident, now in week 2 I'm anxious and depressed and can't stop crying. I also don't want my partner anywhere near me and wouldn't bat an eyelid if he walked out.
Can anyone help with why this has swapped round and any advice on how to deal with it?
I'm peri, no hrt as 2 types brought on severe anxiety, periods still pretty normal.
 Thank you 🙂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cycle turned upside down
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 09:03:15 AM »

Do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary?  My periods waxed and waned for several years but I don't remember an alteration in personality.  How is your diet overall?  Do you exercise.  HORMONES  >:(

Hillbilly

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 09:10:29 AM »

No I don't keep a diary, with my forgetfulness at the moment I'd keep losing the pen 🙄

My hormones have always affected my mood but it's doubled at the moment. I'm just confused as to why my happy time has moved to my down time and vice versa. My last period was weird too, full of egg white type discharge along with the bleed. I may have to try HRT again but it scares me  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 09:11:26 AM »

What were the side effects?  Which symptom would you like to ease first?

>hands over pen<

Hillbilly

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 09:20:33 AM »

My biggest symptom is my low moods, depression and major anxiety although my stiff aching joints aren't far behind...along with vaginal irritation, recurrent thrush, acne etc etc.. :-\

And unfortunately anxiety was my biggest side effect on HRT, the second half of the pack set off such bad anxiety that I couldn't even go outside. I'm getting desperate now though  :(

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 10:06:25 AM »

Presumably the second half are the ones contain progesterone? Progesterone is usually the thing people have trouble with. Perhaps try something with a different type of prog? What have you been on? I don't think you have to suffer but it can take some time to find what suits you.

Hillbilly

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »

Thanks for the replies  :)

I tried Femoston and Elleste duet. I'm not sure if theres anything more gentle or easier to take?

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 12:12:21 PM »

If you have vaginal problems do read the threads on Vaginal Atrophy.  Get appropriate treatment from your surgery: you don't need blood tests or a personal examination: to see if symptoms ease.  Nowt to lose!

Have you tried 'rescue remedy' for anxiety?  I found mouth spray useful.

Hillbilly

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 01:34:50 PM »

Hulahoop, that happened to me during the latter stage of peri including the mucus during a period which seemed really bizarre but evidently fairly common according to this forum!

Definitely fluctuating hormones, well it was for me.

You've got me excited now at the thought of being in the 'latter' stages of peri  :)

Hillbilly

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 01:35:49 PM »

If you have vaginal problems do read the threads on Vaginal Atrophy.  Get appropriate treatment from your surgery: you don't need blood tests or a personal examination: to see if symptoms ease.  Nowt to lose!

Have you tried 'rescue remedy' for anxiety?  I found mouth spray useful.

Thank you, I'll look into both of these  :)

dahliagirl

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2020, 01:38:59 PM »

Yes, hormones and the Perils of Perimenopause!  https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

I used vagifem at first due to problems after a gynae op, then went onto Femoston 1/10, which helped with some of the symptoms.  The anxiety/euphoria/ups and downs improved on the higher dose Femoston 2/10.

Exercise 3x a week, plenty walks and a good diet (low glycaemic, right sort of fats, everything wholegrain etc) also helped with stability (and also constipation which plagues me).

I have moved onto the Femoston conti 1/5 which is a lower dose, as I was finding the higher dose a bit much, and I think I may be over this particular hurdle now <touches wood>

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2020, 01:40:24 PM »

Whoa Girl, whoa ..........  Hulahoop .  You'll fit right in  8)

Hillbilly

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2020, 01:45:18 PM »

I spoke to my GP this morning and she has suggested an estrogen gel and progesterone tablet. I've no idea on brand names until I pick the prescription up but I said I'll give it a go and see. Fingers crossed on the anxiety front but I figured if I'm already getting anxiety I may as well get it while trying something that might help.

Thanks for the link Dahlia 🙂 I'll have a good read.

Hillbilly

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2020, 01:46:05 PM »

Whoa Girl, whoa ..........  Hulahoop .  You'll fit right in  8)

😁

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »

We have a funny room too, did you find it yet  ;)
Pages: [1] 2