Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bit confused!  (Read 881 times)

Cubbysam

Bit confused!
« on: February 24, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »

Hi , If anyone can help clear up my confusion i'd be very grateful. I had no period for approx 6 months after three months of really really horrible heavy bleeds and night sweats. GP gives me 1/10 Femoston for 6 months . It worked a treat on the night sweats, but i didn't really have a period, very light spotting now and again, for a day or two at most, and not every month.  As my mood was a little low and i didn't get the great feeling i hoped, and read about, the GP upped to 2/20. Now into month 2 of the higher dose and still no regular bleed, just ?pinky? for a day or so if anything. I do get period pain, sore breasts and an irritable, just like in my 20's ( fab ), as i come to the end of the pink pills but no period as such. Is this normal? Do i need to see my doctor again do you think? 

Thank for reading, hoping you can help, I am 54, a little over weight and get lots of exercise but perhaps over do the calories!

shoppingqueen

Re: Bit confused!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 08:02:00 PM »

Hi
I'm on Femoston 2/10 also and 51. I occasionally have some spotting, some months no bleed and then sometimes what feels like a proper period do not sure whether this means, but I expected to have a regular as clock work withdrawal bleed after the prog phase but in two years it's never panned out like this. I found it a brilliant HRT though! Nailed my meno symptoms.
I'm changing to gel however as unfortunately I seem to not be absorbing as well but it was the best of a bunch for me.
Previous to HRT I had no bleeds at all for over a year then some spotting and then nothing. Then a proper period so I had no clue if I was peri or post before trialling HRT 5 years ago.
I went with this tablet as fancied a withdrawal bleed as I prefer to feel like I've had a period- didn't like not having them.
Sorry I've not given answers- I'm sure some others will have the knowledge of why this is, but thought I'd let you know it's pretty much the same for me and my doctor not concerned. I've had womb scans every 2 years and all is fine xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 08:03:56 PM »

Hi!  we all love our calories  ;).  My problem is lack of exercise, I know what I ought to do ......

The Change can be confusing  ::).  Your cycle is still background hence the pre-menstrual symptoms.  Maybe put the product name into the search box here and see what pops up?  Make notes.

Cubbysam

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 09:27:24 PM »

Thank you both, feel reassured x

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2020, 10:13:15 PM »

I rarely had a bleed when on Femeston. Was told by GP it was doing its job in keeping the womb lining thin and not to worry x

Alicess

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 06:02:34 AM »

Hi Cubbysan,

Do you now use  2/10 femoston of did your GP just prescribe a double dose of femoston 1/10?  The latter ( 2/20) would mean you
will have a higher oestrogen dose but also a higher dose of progesterone. That could explain why you still have PMS- like symptoms and only light discharge. If oestrogen is to low opposite progesterone your lining doesn't build up. If you use femoston 2/20 I think you should ask your GP for femoston 2/10.

Alicess X