Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Undetectable progesterone  (Read 687 times)

shoppingqueen

Undetectable progesterone
« on: February 23, 2020, 11:01:27 AM »

Hello
My recent bloods show undetectable progesterone- I'm on Femoston 2/10- and having absorption issues. Blood tests done just before progesterone phase.
I'm bring re tested in 2 weeks.
I'd there anything I can have added in to help with this?
I have read symptoms of low prog, one of which is thyroid dysfunction and I've been having issues here and recently started Levothyroxine.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. X

Hurdity

Re: Undetectable progesterone
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 08:30:28 AM »

Hi shoppingqueen

It's normal to have low or undetectable progesterone in the first half of the menstrual cycle and post-menopause. The prog test is designed for fertility and to detect larger quantities of progesterone to see if a woman is ovulating. The test is unnecessary for any other purpose.

I don't know of any connection with thyroid function. If you're having thyroid problems then it is the full spectrum of thyroid tests you should be having regularly to check whether your dose is OK. Also oral HRT can interfere with thyroid meds (making them less effective)so especially important to monitor thyroid function when you start Levothyroxine.

Hurdity x

shoppingqueen

Re: Undetectable progesterone
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 02:01:25 PM »

Thanks Hurdity! This probably indicates I'm post menopausal then I'm guessing. I'm getting full thyroid bloods this week so will see what they show.
X