Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: thrush  (Read 1180 times)

Sammiejane

thrush
« on: March 16, 2020, 04:34:04 PM »

hi ladies

can estrogen give you thrush ?
can progesterone cause thrush and worsen VA ?

i've been getting watery discharge and also some clumpy but not sure if it's the ovestin cream ?

my vagina is burning 🥵 feels irritated

and bladder irritation like i constantly need to wee . No uti

could the ovestin be irritating my bladder and given me thrush or is it the systemic estrogen i use gel and have had thrush before its driving me nuts my only relief is legs spread and knees bent

Dandelion

Re: thrush
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 05:03:11 PM »

hi ladies

can estrogen give you thrush ?
can progesterone cause thrush and worsen VA ?

i've been getting watery discharge and also some clumpy but not sure if it's the ovestin cream ?

my vagina is burning 🥵 feels irritated

and bladder irritation like i constantly need to wee . No uti

could the ovestin be irritating my bladder and given me thrush or is it the systemic estrogen i use gel and have had thrush before its driving me nuts my only relief is legs spread and knees bent
I'm wondering if you use vaginal utrogestan?
I asked because I was diagnosed by my GP with thrush after an internal, although I had no thrush symptoms.
When I got back, I realised that the white substance she saw was remnants of the white utrogestan capsule.
I use it vaginally and it can cause bladder irritation.
Just a thought.

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 07:16:23 PM »

hi there

i use it orally utrogestan but the burning and watery discharge has happened since taking progesterone i feel i?m at square one x

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 08:14:07 PM »

I don't think it causes it but it does make the symptoms worse. Mine kept recurring on the progesterone phase of my cycle, no symptoms from the bleed until after ovulation. You can buy fluconazole cheaply online, get 2 and take the second one a week after the first.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 09:20:06 PM »

Cream didn't touch mine either. Gp said it was living in the bloodstream and most of the time my body suppressed it. Mine stopped after the 2 dose fluconazole, had previously returned after one dose.

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 09:22:32 PM »

hi

i?m don't now if it is definitely thrush can thrush cause watery discharge there's no odour and no itching just burning and watery discharge then sometimes looks clumpy i had this same thing few months back and took thrush treatment and it went and not sure if adding in progesterone has caused it i seem to get rid of some symptoms then hit with others starting to feel i?m better off not on hrt x

could the addition of testosterone help ?