Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ovarian Cyst Pain and Depression  (Read 843 times)

Dyspluvio

Ovarian Cyst Pain and Depression
« on: February 24, 2020, 02:05:56 PM »

Hi,
I'm 45, and for the past 2 years my periods have been stopping for months at a time.  I have all the symptoms of PMS; mood swings, depression, aches, pains, bloating, fullness. But no period. For up to 70 days at a time with no relief! I feel so miserable  :(

I've had several ultrasounds over the two years & they've shown a few ovarian cysts. I had a large one that needed to be removed, and I was in constant pain from it, but when I went to the Ob/Gyn the cyst was gone, my periods had returned and I was feeling better.

Regular for a few cycles and feeling better, then - back to missed periods, pain and moodiness/depression. I possibly have another cyst.
I was on sertraline for a few years for anxiety but I'm trying for a second time to wean myself off with my doctor's guidance. I've had loads of blood tests but they're all normal. No fluctuating hormones. Both the GP and the Gynaecologist say it's just down to my age.

I don't know if I can cope with this for the next few years. I'm losing friends and falling out with everyone. I feel so volatile and on-edge. Is there anything I can do to relieve the constant aches & pains? And the discomfort?

Any advice greatly appreciated  :)