Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Reaction to intrarosa  (Read 1330 times)

Otter15

Reaction to intrarosa
« on: February 20, 2020, 02:48:27 AM »

I'm afraid my trial with intrarosa has ended already :'(. I've had a horrible reaction to it, maybe because it's just not strong enough.

Back to the cream and two week load. Worth a try though.

If anyone wants more intrarosa, you could contact me. I bought two month's supply but have only used six. Such a waste otherwise.

Taz2

Re: Reaction to intrarosa
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:25:09 AM »

Sorry to hear this Otter. What reaction did you have?

Taz x

Otter15

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:37:08 AM »

Been using since Friday and the VA was getting progressively worse including the discomfort on the outside. Used a pessary last night and seconds later just started burning inside, worse than I've ever felt before. Sat on the loo for about 20 minutes with that 'need to go' feeling and really bad lower abdomen pains.

It eventually eased off but the burning and discomfort is still bad. Have used the cream this morning and will do again tonight. Hard to sit down now though :-\. Back to the beginning again.

I also had another strange experience but couldn't say it's the intrarosa for sure, although it's the first time it's happened since I stopped having periods six years ago. I totally pigged out on food I don't eat much. i don't have a sweet tooth but on day 4 of using intrarosa I went out and bought cake and chocolate - I'm allergic to milk!!!- and ate the lot very quickly. I had such a craving, it was like those days just before a period!

Anyway, it was worth a try but maybe i should have kept on with the cream at least for a few weeks until it started working.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 01:50:21 PM »

That is too bad Otter.  I spoke to the NP about Intrarosa (goes by different name in Canada) and she mentioned it is quite good for intimacy but if you have severe VA, it might not be near enough.  She did not recommend in my case.  I believe Hurdity did quite a bit of research on Intrarosa and posted a number of different links (thx. Hurdity) that confirms what the NP said. 

Otter15

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 04:47:18 PM »

Yes it's a great shame. I was looking forward to trying it and it does say for moderate to severe VA.

I read Hurdity's research but I've also been looking at reviews and they're quite mixed actually.

I'm glad it works for some though.

I'll keep looking.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 06:11:30 PM »

The reviews are indeed mixed.  Like you, I was disappointed that it wasn't the magic wand we are all desperately looking for 😢

Otter15

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 12:12:51 PM »

Just been to see a gynaecologist and I apparently have a urine infection, purely coincidental and nothing to do with intrarosa apparently.

She also said that, with severe atrophy, I will feel uncomfortable for a while until things start to improve internally.

I'm going to give it another go and see what happens. There may be hope yet!

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 02:26:00 PM »

Crossing fingers for you.  If you find it better than Vagifem,  I might approach my GP to get a prescription.  I have been doing much better on Vagifem (after 6 mos. of daily use) so not certain if I want to go back to square one.

Otter15

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 03:39:49 PM »

I know what you mean   ???. She did say today though it's long term and I might not feel any different for months but after a year I should!

It's worth trying because other things haven't helped and, now I'm told my VA is much worse than it should be for someone my age, I've got nothing to lose.

She did also say I can continue using the cream externally so I'll do that while I wait for the intrarosa to start taking effect.

We'll see.