Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: estraderm patch side effects  (Read 4394 times)

Sammiejane

estraderm patch side effects
« on: January 31, 2020, 03:46:39 PM »

hi ladies

i spoken time pharmacy and the only patches they can get are estraderm

i would need these in 50

can you advise if they are huge
how well they stick
side effects weight gain /hairloss

thank you

Hurdity

Re: estraderm patch side effects
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 01:56:39 PM »

Hi Sammiejane

Just to remind you that there is unlikely to be any difference in the side effects of oestrogen obtained from any patch or gel - because they all involve the absorption of oestrogen in the form of estradiol, through the skin. OK they have different excipients (the adhesives and carriers that enable to estradiol to be absorbed) - but the main differences between them all will be how much absoprtion of the estradiol you get and this will be specific to the individual - how well you absorb oestrogen.

There have been a number of posts about Estraderm recently, due to the shortages so I suggest you go to the home page of the forum and do a search - which will bring up answers quicker!

Just also to let you know they are huge compared with other patches but if you've never tried patches - this probably won't bother you, and I didn't find they stuck very well - or rather they could snap off suddenly and the whole patch would come off. I didn't notive any difference in effect between this and Estradot and Elleste Solo. They have all worked equally well re the oestrogen and no side effects.

Like I said the side effects you would experience will be whatever you experience from adding estradiol  pretty much the same as for all transdermal oestrogens - with minor differences due to peak levels etc maybe?

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 08:56:05 PM »

hi hurdity

thank u for taking the time to reply

i have used estradot briefly for 5 weeks and these would be my choice as they are so small and did feel less bloated on them compared to gel . but unable to get them at the moment x

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 06:01:41 AM »

Hi Sammie

I am using Estraderm MX50 (sounds like a car lol) I have only just moved onto them about 1.5 weeks ago. In terms of the patch themselves I am perfectly happy, they stick fine, I don't find them too big or anything, but like Hurdity says, if you've been used to teeny ones you may find different. As a patch newbie they are fine for me. If you think of a square plaster out of a packet, they are this size (about 2"). I just pop it on my bum cheek or hip and off we go  :)

I have noticed a few changes but I am going to write my own post so as not to de-rail yours. They don't feel like side effects more dosage related hence doing something separately. I know you are concerned about hair loss in particular, I have not noticed this Sammie x

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 08:43:43 PM »

mogster71

do u take a progesterone at all ?

thank u

KatyB

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 12:18:22 AM »

I'm on Estraderm currently instead of Everol due to shortages. They are big, but I found Estradot absorbed fine for the 1 in 3 patches that I could get to stick, so I'm actually better with the big patches...and I'm on 100 mcg, they are BIG! Baby oil to help remove black patches left behind by the way.....

lillith112

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »

I use these, 50 mx with utro. I found them hard to stick first of all so used to stick thin strips of micropore all the way around. Then I found if I wash with Simple soap and warm the patch sandwiched between my wrists it's been sticking really well with no micropore needed. Hope this helps .  Just to add I've had zero side effects, no hair loss.