Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: My E Implant journey has begun!!  (Read 3353 times)

Alicess

Re: My E Implant journey has begun!!
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 04:53:26 PM »

Hi Tc, I don't have any experience with the Mirena so I can't give advice about that but I did have a birthcontrol containing Levonorgestrel and at first it made me depressed too. After about six weeks those feelings and other side-effects subsided and I felt fine. If these side-effects started when you decreased the Sandrena it could be the pellet hasn't kicked in yet as you say, as the estrogen counteracts the progesterone. Did they give you any indication how long  it would take for the pellet to work fully?

I do have leg pains but no Mirena,. For me it feels like my trousers are way too tight , even if I don't wear any, and something is oppressing the veins in my legs. Restless legs too.

Alicess X

Tc

Re: My E Implant journey has begun!!
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 05:11:56 PM »

Hiya,Alice's thank you for that.  I was told 3to4 weeks for the implant to kick in.

I have always suffered restless legs but not the pain.  Closest thing I liken it to is "growing pains".  I think the tightness you describe in your legs might be part of restless leg syndrome.  It can make you feel like even having covers over your legs in bed is uncomfortable .

Good to know the side effects of levenogestrel subsided for you.  Makes me not panic quite so much. Xx

Pages: 1 2 [3]