Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ovestin v Vagifem Inernally  (Read 4273 times)

Mrs Bennet

Re: Ovestin v Vagifem Inernally
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 04:14:23 PM »

Morning,
I suffer from some VA and dryness. I have been using Vagifem for many months now (a 2 month daily load at the consultant's suggestion) and then 5 days a week. I still suffer from the razor blade feeling internally during intimacy (particularly on the left-hand side - I am wondering if this is where I had an episiotomy many years ago!). 
As I am not feeling any improvement, I am trying Ovestin internally 5-7 days a week instead.   I have only just started this but wanted to ask if anyone has had better success internally with Ovestin than Vagimem?
I am also on full hrt -  100mg Estradot patch and 100mg utrogestan vaginally nightly.  I use the ovestin in the morning.
Thank you! x

Hi CherryC
I too have had better results using the Ovestin as Vagifem doesn't seem to dissolve for me 😳......i had Estring  inserted yesterday by my GP but unfortunately have had to remove due to it feeling so uncomfortable and giving me burning 🙄......so i will go back to Ovestin ....i put a small amount on my finger ( less than the measured dose) instead  of using the applicator  then i can put some on the outside at the same time.....unfortunately I haven't found the ideal solution for me yet but live in hope 😊.....wishing you well xx

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 10:52:47 PM »

Mrs. B...I was so hoping for you that the Estring would work.  I know you've had issues with Vagifem and VA.  Out if curiosity have you checked into Intrarosa?  Seems like some of the ladies quite like it.  Unfortunately the NP said in my case wouldn't be strong enough but other ladies are doing just fine with it.  Hurdity provided articles on Intrarosa and according to info., like Vagifem, can take several months.  It's also not as strong as Vagifem so if you need Ovestin or Vagifem daily, Intrarosa might not be work.  Good luck and hope you get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 12:52:27 PM »

Hi Whatsupwiththis.......i was so hoping it would be the answer too......never mind 🙄......No I haven't looked into Intrarosa but will do now thank you......still feel sore today guess it was all the poking about by the GP on Friday......will return to the Ovestin for now and hopefully the Womens Physio appointment will come through soon as the doc said my pelvic muscles were non existent 😳 xx

CherryC

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 01:35:10 PM »

Thank you Mrs B for your comments and sorry to hear you are still having issues.  I did wonder if perhaps the Vagifem wasn't dissolving property for me. I will give the Ovestin a good go and if no success, will investigate Intrarosa. Hope you have some success soon too x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 05:19:02 PM »

Fingers crossed for us both CherryC
😊xx

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »

CherryC if you do opt to try Intrarosa in future, I would be very interested to see how you get on.  Good luck.

CherryC

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2020, 07:42:23 AM »

Thank you Whatsupwiththis - I will certainly report back with Ovestin results and if I eventually try Intrarosa will let you know how I get on. x
Pages: 1 [2]