Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Ellestte Duet Patch doseage vs Gel doseage  (Read 843 times)

Elmsey

Ellestte Duet Patch doseage vs Gel doseage
« on: February 23, 2020, 10:19:45 PM »

A quick question.  I have searched the Forum but can not find a direct string on this.

I have the Mirena for Progesterone which, fingers crossed after nearly two months seems ok.  I have been using Estsrogel, 1.5 to 2 pumps.  I really want to move to patches as I find the gel a real bind.  I have been fine on the 2 pumps of gel and the Mirena.

My Gynea prescribed estredot 50, but there is not any (apparently), so the GP has given me Elleste Solo 40.  I started it today puting it on at the same time I normallyu put my gel on this morning, but by this evening I was feeling as if I had forgotten to take my estrogen.

This evening I have added one pump of gel and I feel more relaxed again.

My question is on the dosage.  40mcg seems a very low dose compared with the 1.5mg I would have had in the gel.  It does not  make sense.

I am obviously concerned that the 40mcg is not enough.  How long does it atke to adjust to the patch vs the gel.  Should it be instant?

Thanks for any experiences.

Elmsey

Elmsey

Re: Ellestte Duet Patch doseage vs Gel doseage
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »

Also, does it take time for the Estrogen to absorb into your system?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 07:49:51 AM »

Hi the equivalent of 2 pumps would be 50 patch. It can take a while to settle when changing regimes of hrt x

Elmsey

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 08:05:13 AM »

Thanks Dotty.

As I only have Elleste 40 I may add a little bit of gel to top it up then.  I had rather expected that having been on the gel for over a year I would just seamlessly change to a patch!  Nothing is that easy when it comes to HRT  ;D