Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estring advice needed please  (Read 1023 times)

Mrs Bennet

Estring advice needed please
« on: February 22, 2020, 11:26:21 AM »

Morning ......hoping one of you girls can help me......my GP inserted the Estring yesterday as i was too much of a scaredy-cat to do it myself .....
seemed to go in easy enough ....however this morning i can feel it and have burning 😳.....tried pushing it up further but think i am just not big enough inside for the damn thing .....have had to remove it so now feel a failure 🙄......was so hoping this was to  be the answer for me......guessing one size does not fit all .....Vagifem didn't help as it wouldn't dissolve.....so have been using Ovestin.....now my bits feel worse than ever ....hope I haven't done any damage Xx

Bobidy

Re: Estring advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 11:51:47 AM »

Hi

I can't help I'm afraid, but I'm hoping to trial the estring if my gp will prescribe it so I'll be keeping tabs on your post.

I was going to take my Yes lubricant with me when I ask them to insert (I too don't think I can do it myself), rather than the ky jelly they probably use? As that can be drying and irritating.

I hope you get things sorted. X

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 03:35:24 PM »

Good luck Bobidy......i have read lots on line re the Estring and it works well for lots of people......just guess not for me......i am a very petite person so just think that size is everything 🤣 xx

Bobidy

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 04:07:42 PM »

I've had a hysterectomy so no cervix, which I was concerned about but one of the ladies on here reassured me that didn't matter.

I think some ladies have experienced thrush with the estring but I'm not sure why, maybe it alters the ph somehow? I'm not sure.

I admit I don't like the idea of have a lump of plastic continuously up there but I'm sick of gauging how many Vagifem I need to use for relief and I could just forget about it.

X

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 04:24:44 PM »

Yes i was so hoping that it would solve that problem too......i haven't yet been able to get a suitable regime going......its early days i guess have only had the VA for a year .....problems started after overies were removed i still have cervix.....my worst symptom is bladder discomfort 🙄.....
Hopefully the Estring will suit you 🤞😊 ......yes i have read that it can cause thrush but there is a cream lots of the ladies use ( sorry can't think of the name)......it keeps the PH in check xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 09:26:56 AM »

Hi Mrs Bennet - sorry to hear the Estring doesn't feel comfortable. It's actually somewhat strange that it only comes in one size! The contraceptive cap that I used to use came in a range of sizes, and was carefully fitted by GP taking into account your cervix size, so if the Estring doesn't then that explains it. That isn't even in place all the time so you would think a device that sits in there would be fitted to a woman's size!!

Good luck with finding a regime that works for you.

Hurdity x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 12:45:49 PM »

Couldn't agree more Hurdity.....i too had a cap fitted many moons ago 😳
And as you say there was a range of sizes.......i am hopeful that i will find a regime that suits me.....trial and error seems to be the order of the day......thank you for your post 😘