Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Heachache / toothache?  (Read 933 times)

shrosphirelass

Heachache / toothache?
« on: February 20, 2020, 09:04:36 PM »

I have had a severe headache for 6 days, two days with severe nausea which has eased, thankfully. Yesterday evening I started getting toothache in my top right molar (never had problems on that side before). Could the headache be causing the toothache, they always feel sinusy, but I haven't got an infection, but the pain is much worse when I move my head. Drs prescribed tripans for future episodes (in case it's a migraine) and has given me leaflets to read on preventative medications we can try, if my new HRT regime doesn't help. Or could the toothache (which wasn't there when the headache started last week) be causing the headache? Or, is it a coincidence and I just have a headache and a toothache? I feel so awful and have tried all sorts of medication to relieve the pain and nothing seems to make much difference.

sheila99

Re: Heachache / toothache?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 09:40:11 PM »

If your sinus is full it can press on the nerve so it feels as though you have toothache. If you have infection round you tooth it can run up and into the brain. I was told with an abscess in the upper jaw to get it seen to ASAP. I'd suggest an emergency dental appointment just to make sure. I know it usually starts with a sore tooth but you can have infection before you have pain. Sorry I can't be more helpful.