Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: utrogestan  (Read 1704 times)

Sammiejane

Re: utrogestan
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 08:41:53 PM »

hi tc

yes i take 100mg daily

2 pumps gel

i tried the progesterone utrogestan every other day but felt worse

the utro though only 20 percent is actually obsorbed as progesterone as the rest is lost in the gut as it goes through the liver so really so only getting 20mg progesterone same as mirena as this is 20mg i was under the impression the progesterone in hrt is low it's higher in contraceptive as it prevents ovulation well i don't ovulate as no ovaries so i don't think the 100mg is to much it maybe i?ll need more estrogen but i?ll see how i go as not feeling to great last couple of days so may knock it on the head

GerryL

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 08:46:33 PM »

Oh she sticks it on her tummy Sammie. I know because we went out shopping one day for clothes and she used to stick it on her bottom. Well, we went for a bite to eat later and she felt really poorly and we had to get her home quickly. I thought she might have had a bad reaction to something she had eaten but then she rang me later to say no, she must have lost her patch when she was in the changing rooms! No wonder she felt so unwell. So she sticks it on her tummy now where she can keep an eye on it and it does work really well there for her. :)

Tc

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 08:55:02 PM »

I see. I didnt realise you,d already tried every other day.   

Sammie. I know ho you feel. I've had awful problems myself. But you realy cant tell how it's going to work for you after 2 weeks. I've always tried to give everything a 3 month go. Of course if you find side effects intolerable then you must do what you feel is best for you.

X

GerryL

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 10:16:20 PM »

Tc the doctor in the video I linked to for Sammiejane made a point of saying that you have to give each HRT a good few weeks at least and that changing too quickly can make it harder to find relief.

My DIL gave each of her doses a good while to settle too. When she was on the 100 patch at first she thought it might not be enough but held on and it turned out to be just right once it had settled in.

I read your posts about your implant Tc. I hope that it all goes really well for you as you've had quite a time of it to put it mildly bless you.

Sammiejane

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2020, 10:20:30 PM »

hi gerryl

it's funny because i was breifly swapped into estradot 50 because menopause thought i weren't obsorbing the gel enough but only did 5 weeks and went out of stock and they are unable to get hold of i?ll give this a go but took the progesterone tonight and feel funky it's making me feel like i have flu don't want that x lol

GerryL

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2020, 10:43:24 PM »

These HRT shortages have a lot to answer for Sammiejane it makes me so angry. It's hard enough as it is for women in your shoes without all that carry on too.😡

Tc

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2020, 11:31:49 PM »

Thank you Gerry. Yes its usually recommended 3 months . Glad your DIL has found the right dose for her. X

Sammiejane

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 01:15:23 PM »

hi gerryl

the other question i meant to ask you to ask your DIL was has she noticed not necessarily hairliss but an increase in hair shedding when brushing and washing as this is what happened to me before i started her over a yea ago i could brush my hair and wouldn't loose any i'd loose a couple upon washing and brushing but daily brushing didn't loose any and then i started hrt estrogen only and noticed one day 12 weeks later brushing my hair and was shedding hair and it continued the whole year never improved till i stopped the hrt hence one of the reasons i?m adding in progesterone but i may be wrong and it may start again so then i?ll know well the progesterone is making no difference and i?ll have to change the estrogen and start again as like you say your DIL hasn't suffered being on estrogen only a couple of people i know say they are shedding more but are on the tablet and there hair is thinning on the sides x they have had same op as me x so if you could ask her if she has noticed any extra shedding that would be great and thank you for all your help x

Sammiejane

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 01:16:13 PM »

hi tc

have you had full hysterectomy with removal of ovaries to ?

have you had any issues with hair shedding /loss xx

Tc

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2020, 02:25:00 PM »

Hi sammie.  I still have uterus.  I  had hair loss before starting HRT. X

Sammiejane

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2020, 03:28:32 PM »

hi tc and gerryl

i?m starting to go into complete panic now that i've made a big mistake adding in progesterone as i shouldn't need this just desperate to stop my hair shedding and thinning i expect some as we age and get older but i?m 40 not old x

i don't know whether to stop and start again on a patch only and stick to it as u day increasing doses x

the first week in progesterone i felt great sleep amazing but second week and going now into 3 week sleep is not as good my chest boobs and under armpits feel heavy swollen .

i've watched several videos by that lady gerry and she also mentions estrogen dominance to in ratio to progesterone as in weight gain irritability tender boobs etc so my thinking was well women of surgical menopause no ovaries no womb surely supplementing with just estrogen will create estrogen dominance as progesterone and tesosterone still low in ratio to estrogen and this was what i thought was causing my hairloss hence adding in progesterone x

i just don't know what to do if i?m going to be on estrogen only then it won't be the gel as felt awful on it and my hair definitely shed x my levels in blood seem to fluctuate too on it no consistency as went from 195 to 104 to 368 to 113 .

i do feel ok on progesterone just vagina dryer but on gel and ovestin i was to wet down there and i had a lot of groin sweating which someone said in here is low progesterone x

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2020, 08:01:28 PM »

Hi sammiejane - hope you're feeling better today. Porgesterone shouldn't give you a sore throat and make you feel fluey although can lead to headaches and foggy head, low mood, sometimes dizziness or nausea. I know you were convinced it's the answer to your imbalance but many of us on here would hate to take it every day due to side effects!  Many who have had hytserectomy are thrilled to be relieved of this burden too!

GerryL - I think you're new so  :welcomemm: Do introduce yourself on the new members board telling us a bit about yourself and where in menopause you are and how we can help:). Also please do suggest to your daughter-in-law that she joins the forum herself so she can share her experiences with like-minded and friendly women - even some of similar age - tell her we're not all old birds y'know!!! Even if we are, we don't bite (often  ::) !).

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]