Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi Patch prescribed  (Read 611 times)

KaraShannon

Evorel Sequi Patch prescribed
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:00:02 AM »

Hi all

Well I saw a young doctor half my age and she sat there telling me all about the research and what she thought were the benefits of HRT,  I'm sure being young, she's read some of the latest research...

Whatever, I've decided to give it a go. 

Interested if anyone else has had a good experience with this or any HRT.  Right now I'm not up to hear of side effects or horror stories as I want to give this a go, but would appreciate any good reports.  I haven't started it yet.  Thanks  :)

Taz2

Re: Evorel Sequi Patch prescribed
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 06:22:28 AM »

Sounds like you've got a clued up doctor. I've been on Evorel for 10 years and love it but it's hard to get at the moment. My pharmacy haven't had any in since November and reports of when it's due back in production vary from the end of this month till June so I hope you are lucky in finding a supply.

I don't know what your Meno symptoms are but let us know how you get on.

Taz x

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 08:37:35 AM »

it's my favourite too. Hope you manage to get hold of some x

KaraShannon

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 10:22:11 AM »

Taz2 and Perinowpost

Thanks for the replies.  That's hopeful.  I'm a bit worried it will trigger off my palpitations again, because my heart has skipped before and that all seems to have settled down in the last 3 months since no period.

I had trouble getting it, went to 3 different pharmacies, and then lo and behold, last ditch attempt, tried a very small pharmacy that no one would expect would have it..........and they had it.  Been told it will be available at the end of the month, I hope that will be the case as I don't do well with chopping and changing medicenes of any sort.

What did you both notice after using it?  Wondering what started to feel better?  I'm hoping my energy will improve, also I've just started getting a bit of mild stress incontinence when I sneeze or cough.  Hoping it might nip that in the bud, though she said using a cream or pessary in addition to the patch is often necessary with many patients.  But we are trying just the patch first.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 12:54:36 PM »

Great stuff, really glad you managed to get hold of  it 😀

I felt better as soon as I stuck the oestrogen patch on, I?ll never forget it it was an overwhelming sense of well-being- I reckon my oestrogen levels must have been very low at the time. I struggled with the progesterone part (noresthisterone), but hopefully you?ll be fine. There are always alternative prog options if you don't get along with it.

Palpitations can be a sign of low oestrogen, they were for me, so hopefully they?ll settle too.

Keep us posted x

TaylorJ

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 08:32:22 AM »

hi ladies

I have been on Evorel Sequi 50 patches since last May . I'm really struggling to get hold of any so I've tried going cold turkey for around 5 weeks unitl they become available , now but I'm now feeling some peri symptoms creeping back. Night sweats , Digestive problems, anxiety to name a few. Has anyone been prescribed an alternative to Evorel Sequi ? I've got an appointment with my GP later today to see if she can advise....I was doing really well on the patches and don't want to go back to how I was before them :( . They tried me with Femseven patches and 200 Utrogestan tablets but the tablets didn't agree with me

Thank You

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 08:39:28 AM »

They are supposed to be coming back in soon so hopefully not long and hopefully docs will ration them carefully so everyone will get a chance to start back on them who needs them.

Hurdity x