Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan pills vaginally  (Read 571 times)

Paula1966

Utrogestan pills vaginally
« on: February 18, 2020, 03:41:29 AM »

Hi

I am hoping someone can help. I went to my local menopause clinic last week and the dr prescribed sandrena 1mg and utrogestan 100mg - when I said I couldn't tolerate the utrogestan last time I had it due to the crashes when I stopped it - she said I could take it every day without a break and insert it vaginally and I would have less side effects. So I agreed to try it again.

When I got the utrogestan it said take as your dr prescribed 1 tablet in the evening to be swallowed. As the Dr said I could insert vaginally I did this and now I have read you can have pessaries and I am panicking that I shouldn't be putting the tablets in this way. Also since using the tablets I have had a sore throat and flu like symptoms- this could totally not be related but I am working myself up into a frenzy over it

If anyone can help I would be most grateful 😊

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan pills vaginally
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 08:51:03 AM »

Hi paula1966 - yes they can be used vaginally. They are produced to be used either orally or vaginally but just not licensed in UK to be used in this way for HRT (although the 200 mg ones are licensed for fertility for vaginal use). Bizarre and confusing? Yes! It certainly will not give you any such symptoms and sounds like you are going down with something - so hope you feel better soon. Some of us having been using utrogestan this way for years ( I've never taken it orally), Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Paula1966

Re: Utrogestan pills vaginally
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 03:36:49 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply- it has really helped x