Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dry and sore eyes.  (Read 4257 times)

Lyncola

Re: Dry and sore eyes.
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 09:11:24 AM »

Hi CLKD, 
No I don't have problems with my teeth. Been to my optometrist and there's nothing wrong with my eye. And I should use eye drops. I think it's hormonal, some days it hurts all day long. Today was a good day only a couple of hours of light pain.

Just another problem I never had until menopause  :-\

LizzyLoo

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 11:47:28 AM »

Hi sophielee,

I have recently had a check as I suffer with this too. Top tips for dry eye (from the optician) are avoid direct sunlight (wear sunglasses), protect against draughts to the eyes and use solutions when necessary to settle it down again.
I usually do this for a few days if I get a bad bout of dry/itchy/sore eye. I used to use the blue version of Hycosan but was recommended to go one step up to the red version. You can get both at Specsavers and they?ll advise you. Usually does the trick for me.

Other things that can trigger for me is air con and fluffy jumpers are a no no. Fibres that fly off reeeeeally annoy my eyes.

Anyway hope you find something that you can manage it with.

sophielee

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 03:15:41 PM »

@LizzyLoo
Thanks for the tips. I'm using various preservative eye-drops. One that I use in the morning is thick gel and blurs my vision for a bit. It used to work wonders back when I just had the occasional mild bout but these days, it just irritates my eyes after a couple of hours. I think the ingredients in it dry out because of the lack of tears and the residue irritate by eyes.

I'm still trying to find a regimen that works. Hopefully I will soon because this unrelenting eye irritation is causing me such anxiety. It has sucked all the joy from my life and I've even started questioning the reason for living.

LizzyLoo

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 05:09:00 PM »

Ahh bless you  :-\
Maybe go see someone else if you?re still feeling you?re not getting anywhere. Keep the faith and hopefully with a bit of time things will improve for you.
it's not nice when you feel so isolated with a problem.....things do get you down.

All the best with it and sending virtual wishes x
Pages: 1 [2]