Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen gel side effective  (Read 990 times)

CoolCat

Oestrogen gel side effective
« on: February 20, 2020, 11:06:51 AM »

I had a total hysterectomy with BSO last  month and have now found myself straight into a surgical menopause. All the doctors advised me to start HRT and after seeing my GP I have decided to give it a go. I have been given Oestrogen gel and I wondered if anyone can advise if you get any bleeding/spotting with this when you have had a total hysterectomy? I had huge problems with bleeding prior to my hysterectomy and don't really want to go through that again, I think I would rather put up with the hot flushes etc etc

Sammiejane

Re: Oestrogen gel side effective
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 11:17:40 AM »

hi cool cat

no you don't bleed if u have had total hysterectomy and removal of ovaries there is nothing to bleed .

i had same as u and have never bleed in 6 yrs x

how old are you ? which hrt are u starting ?

CoolCat

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 11:20:56 AM »

Thanks, that makes me feel better, I was stressing about that a bit.
I am 52, and was still having awful periods up until my surgery.
I am on oestrogel 2 pumps per day

Sammiejane

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 12:45:04 PM »

hi cool cat

how have you been on the gel how long have you been using it x

the gel for me on it's didn't suit i got bad aniexty hairloss mood fluctuations very up and down trying it now with progesterone as a mood stabilizer and hoping my hair shedding was an imbalance although have had some side effects from the progesterone like flushes and my sleep in second week hasn't been as good as the first week and i?m a little dryer down below so far hair is as it was off hrt so shedding normally and last night had awful sweats flu like symptoms aching all over pounding head sore throat maybe conincedence so have rang gp and they advised to treat as though viral infection as don't think hrt related but started within 30 mins of taking the protestogen last night so i beg to differ but i?ll see how i go .
my gel also have green cap lid and i've noticed i get slight burning and tingling the following day after application so will monitor this. x

Bobidy

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 01:15:54 PM »

Hi Coolcat

Just to say, after hysterectomy, don't fret too much if you have some spotting like a light period for a few weeks as everything settles down. Some ladies (myself included) have a sudden 'gush' of blood a couple of weeks after but this soon settles. Anything heavy or clotty get checked out.

I hope you are recovering well. I took great pleasure in donating a cupboard full of sanitary towels to a local women's refuse. No more heavy painful periods yey!!!

Take good care xx

CoolCat

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 03:11:22 PM »

Thanks for the replies ladies.

I just started the oestrogel yesterday, I wasn't sure how long before I notice any difference? I guess it seems to be trial and error.

Thanks, I have had very little bleeding so far, other than the day after my op which was 4 weeks ago so there's still time. Definitely looking forward to dumping all those sanitary products 😊