Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Elestte duet 1mg alternatives?  (Read 649 times)

Starshell

Elestte duet 1mg alternatives?
« on: February 17, 2020, 07:06:40 PM »

Hi can anyone please help
(I'm new to this forum so hope this is in the right place)
I'm just starting my last packet of Elestte 1mg and panicking about what to have as a alternative when I have finished this pack, the dr has given me a script so I can try to find some but I don't  think this is likely!  :-\  she had given me kilovance script too  in case I can't get the elestte but I have seen this is for post menopause, whereas I'm 48 and cycle still quite regular
I started on hrt just over a year ago, started on femoston but it didn't suit me. Then got the elleste and apart from some acne which is annoying I have felt a lot better.
I've never tried patches or alternatives, ideally would hope to get the elestte but is there anything with same ingredients I could try?
Thanks in advance for any replies

Hurdity

Re: Elestte duet 1mg alternatives?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 07:11:04 PM »

Hi Starshell

:welcomemm:

Unfortunately this issue is affecting many of us on HRT!

All the peri-menopause tablets are listed here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php You will see that Novofem and Clinorette have the same ingredients with Novofem being the 1 mg dose.

There is also info on shortages etc here:

https://thebms.org.uk/2020/01/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-27th-january-2020/ Looks like no shortage for Novofem - but there may be a knock-on effect due to women like yourself seeking alternative preparations.

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Starshell

Re: Elestte duet 1mg alternatives?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 07:24:59 PM »

Fab thanks so much Hurdity and thank you for the warm welcome 😊
I'm off to google Novofem, I have a Drs call planned for next week so can ask for for this, I'm going to be going around with a bag full of prescriptions, the pharmacist at my local boots just shakes his head when he sees me now, I don't even have to ask 😂😂