Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: testosterone improving VA  (Read 794 times)

Sammiejane

testosterone improving VA
« on: February 20, 2020, 04:09:09 PM »

hi ladies

do any of you that take testosterone have found it has improved your VA ?

thanks

Whatsupwiththis

Re: testosterone improving VA
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:21:11 PM »

Sammie...I wouldn't think testosterone would help with VA.  I know you are having issues but I think if you upped the vagifem and used cream for exterior it will eventually do it's job.  Takes A VERY LONG TIME to get VA under control and some of the ladies have used a host of treatments and still have discomfort (myself included).  Some of the ladies using T should be along to offer help.  Did you do any research on testosterone on VA? 

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:32:46 PM »

I just read some research on testosterone on VA and there seems to be a bright light in that idea.  It would be interesting to have knowledgeable women answer your question.

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 06:48:08 AM »

It can help some yes as the vulva has androgen receptors

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »

hi mary g

thank you for that i wanted to check as i had read it can especially in androgen deficient women like myself with ovaries removed x

thank you

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 06:43:00 PM »

Hello ladies

Am I right in thinking that post menopause the body can convert testosterone to a type of oestrogen? If so perhaps that would explain why testosterone helps VA and why some women don't need HRT at all.

It would certainly be good to learn more about it.

Take care ladies.

K.

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 11:57:34 PM »

Pumpkin seed essence or oil is supposed to tone up the pelvic floor and it's something to do with raising testosterone levels in that area.  So it may well be important.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 10:07:19 AM »

Hello ladies

Am I right in thinking that post menopause the body can convert testosterone to a type of oestrogen? If so perhaps that would explain why testosterone helps VA and why some women don't need HRT at all.

It would certainly be good to learn more about it.

Take care ladies.

K.

Testosterone is one of the precursors of estradiol synthesis in the body. The other is via DHEA to androstenedione to estrone and thence to estradiol. I don't think we have much information on whether exogenous testosterone on its own or with low oestrogen ( ie added as part of HRT) does convert to oestrogen. The research into the testosterone patch Intrinsa when given alongside normal medium doses of oestrogen, did not lead to increase in oestrogen levels. I can't remember the exact figures. I have had a look for relevant research but can't remember what I found - nothing sticks in my head though!

The VA idea is interesting - there were some thoughts about this in connection with the new VA treatment Intrarosa. I did look this up in the detailed product info and probably posted a couple of years back but haven't time to look now!

Hurdity x