Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause and bladder issues  (Read 3163 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Menopause and bladder issues
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »

Some ladies need 2 Vagifem at once to ease symptoms.  It is a very small amount of product so may take a while B4 it eases symptoms. 

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 05:30:07 PM »

Teddington...I was well into post menopause (15 years) b4 I was dx'ed and it started with UTI after UTI.  It takes Vagifem a LONG, LONG time to work but hang in there as it does eventually work.  My GP said, in my case, may take a full year before 90% better but the bladder probs. got better after a few months.  A wonderful NP explained all about the bladder and urethra in post menopausal women.  The bladder and urethra thins out and becomes open to all sorts.  Local estrogen seems to be the preferred method to strengthen the bladdee.  Keep up with the vagifem and you will get it sorted.

Dierdre

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 10:51:17 PM »

During the first year i had VA and bladder prolapse the only time i was comfy was lying down, i struggled to sit anywhere and had to sit on a medical ring. Walking for any length of tine left me aching and sore. That was 5 years ago, it does get better and i live as normal a  life as you can with VA now, even went horse riding this weekend. ;)

Peripurple

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 07:03:03 AM »

Hi teddington,  I am in peri-menopause and my first symptoms were caused by VA, yes many gp's state this is only post menopause, but one thing I have found out from using this site is that's certainly not always the case.  I now use vagifem everyday, and although the bladder problems and recurring UTI,s have stopped, I still get itching.  I can't use any creams with oestrogen as they irritate me so manage this by using Actigel and Sylk. 

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 09:40:03 AM »

Hi teddington,  I am in peri-menopause and my first symptoms were caused by VA, yes many gp's state this is only post menopause, but one thing I have found out from using this site is that's certainly not always the case.  I now use vagifem everyday, and although the bladder problems and recurring UTI,s have stopped, I still get itching.  I can't use any creams with oestrogen as they irritate me so manage this by using Actigel and Sylk.
My recurrent UTI's definitely started when in early peri but I didn't know about VA then so didn't connect them. I wish I had known.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 09:45:48 AM »

Katejo - your GP was negligent in not putting bladder 'infections' and the possibility of atrophy together!

Lyncola

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »

I was 45 years old when virginal atrophy started. My first system of menopause. Coming up to a year of treatment, slowly getting better, but definitely two steps forward, one step back.

Interesting about night time and peeing, I didn't realise until I read Katejo post, I've gone from peeing three times a night to one, I can make it to about 3am until I have to get up :)

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 10:06:20 AM »

Lyncola - what you using for the atrophy? 

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2022, 09:51:32 AM »

Bounced
Pages: 1 [2]