Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: estrogel and utrogestan  (Read 674 times)

Sammiejane

estrogel and utrogestan
« on: February 16, 2020, 11:44:26 AM »

good morning ladies

i know there is an ongoing thread for this but i thought i'd start my own as may be slightly different from previous thread

as the majority of you know i had hysterectomy and ovaries removed at 35 no HRT for 4 yrs felt fine, then in summer 2018 started symtoms emotional and vaginal that's it with a couple flushes at night .
i tried patch didn't suit so dec 2018 started estrogel 2 pumps tried upping to 3 but couldn't handle the bloating aniexty mood up and down hairloss and feeling just out of sorts remained on it till dec 2019 with no improvement so decided to stop .
i remaine did it for 9 weeks and felt better although sleep disturbed and flushes back only at night a couple and vaginal dryness a little worse so upped ovestin x

beginning of feb i decided to try the gel with utrogestan to help balance things so i?m taking 2 pumps gel on arms previously on inner thighs  100mg utrogestan at night.
i have been doing ok on this regime for the last week no side effects other then my arms feeling heavy and tight where i applied the gel and did get a little pain in shoulder like trapped gas which has settle but a little ongoing pain stiffness in neck and top of shoulders .
currently been on it 10 days and last night we had sex and i was dryer down there i was fine to start with then after a while could tell i was dry as i got the feeling of needing a wee whereby before just in the gel without progesterone i didn't have this infact i was to wet down there and had to cut back on the ovestin so that was the first thing plus i managed to urinate after sex and normally i can never do this as don't have that urge for a wee.
the second thing is last night i couldn't take my utrogestan till 11 pm normally take it 9.30 and this morning not sure if related but have woke with chest pain aniexty panic feeling tight in chest but i?m not sure if this is the utrogestan or from applying the gel to arms at night as i have been getting heavy arms and neck pain ever since applying the gel to arms. but the skin feels tight even down to wrists and hands.

i don't know what to do shall i try applying the gel to thighs again see if pain goes ?
as i?m dryer down there should i increase the gel up to 3 pumps ? or is this to soon
i?m a little disheartened because in terms of mood has been better sleep fine although i am getting a few flushes still at night which previously had been gone on 2 pumps gel but adding in utrogestan i know one of the side effects is hot flushes i do seem to be having more chill flushes though x

or do i need to except that the gel just isn't suiting me and adding in progesterone is not helping or again is this to early to tell. x

thank you ladies 

vintagefiend

Re: estrogel and utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »

hi again, sammiejane!
just seen that you've had hysterectomy so i'm confused as to why the docs have put you on progesterone- i don't think you need it!

Sammiejane

Re: estrogel and utrogestan
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 03:49:08 PM »

hi vintage friend

it was my choice to try it as my menopause said it would do me no harm in trying it to balance the effects of estrogen for aniexty mood hairloss weight gain etc and mainly to feel better i had a lot of side effects from estrogen only