Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: How does your hot flush feel?  (Read 679 times)

GetStuffedPeri

How does your hot flush feel?
« on: February 14, 2020, 11:57:22 AM »

My wife gets hot, her head starts to sweat, her chest tightens and so she coughs, then vomits (because of the cough), then starts shivering as she's freezing. it's all over in a matter of minutes.

I always touch her back during these ?flushes? and it's always roasting.

Does anyone else experience anything like this? People talk a lot about the flushes but I rarely see details about what actually happens during a flush.

I have started to track my own cycle to within an inch of my life so I can identify my low/high estrogen days and see if I experience anything like what she does. Turns out that on my lowest estrogen days I feel bloody warm and quite fluey. I'm 37 so peri isn't far away, which we?re obviously both REALLY looking forward to...... :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: How does your hot flush feel?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 12:10:15 PM »

:welcomemm:  fortunately I haven't suffered hot flushes.  When on 'tamoxifen' I had cold flushes which began from the nape of the neck down to the waist line.  In waves of cold 'water' feelings.  I also felt fluffy ........... definitely hormonal.  When I stopped taking the medication those flushes stopped.

Browse round.  Make notes!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 03:57:55 PM »

It's The Change.  Does what it says on the tin  ::) - which thread will you keep running  :-\

Penelope

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 07:52:44 PM »

Hello please have your Free T4 And Free T3 and TSH tested is only a bloody tests extreme temperature
Fluctuations and almost always thyroid.
This can only show up sometimes when women start to get the hot flushes because it is exasperating the thyroid symptoms for temperature control.🌹
Just another option.

dahliagirl

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 08:23:24 PM »

I did have blood tests that included thyroid, liver and kidney and blood etc and also rheumatoid markers because of joint problems ordered by doctor no3 on my menopause journey.

Whilst it brought up nothing but lower than desirable vitD levels, it was worthwhile and I would like it repeated sometime.  It is worth ruling a few things out.

I had a "night sweat in slow motion" after taking an anti-depressant - scary to experience.  I just got hotter and hotter and couldn't do anything about it, until I started to sweat and it subsided.