Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: high blood pressure/femoston 1/10  (Read 1109 times)

queen

high blood pressure/femoston 1/10
« on: March 01, 2020, 09:56:28 AM »

Hi, I'm 49yrs, peri, has been on Femoston 1/10 for 3months now because of severe joint pain (felt like 90 yrs old) anyway went for another repeat and my blood pressure was high, it did lower after two more attempts. Dr advised me to to buy a home blood pressure machine , upto now its been high, Dr said if it continues I cant have hrt, I'm even more stressed out now because I cant go back to the pain I was in. Im going to make an appointment to back as Im worried now.
Does anyone know if I'll be given blood pressure tablets to lower it, then I can go back on hrt ? also how long in between does it take?  thanks

LizzyLoo

Re: high blood pressure/femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:07:06 AM »

Hopefully you?re like me and just get ?white coat syndrome? when you go the docs! I did this just this last week when he said it was high. So I replied that the whole patch shortage, and getting hold of iit etc was stressing me out! I'm limited to pharmacies so it can be more of an acute shortage.
He too asked if I took my BP at home (which I have done and it's been fine). So as I say maybe in your own environment you?re more relaxed and your readings will be ok. Make a list, don't do it after you've eaten or drunk anything (particularly caffeine) and see how you get on.
Fingers crossed 🤞🏻 x

queen

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 10:21:48 AM »

Thanks for your quick reply Lizzyloo, I never thought about the tea I've been drinking of a morning.

Mintea

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 07:19:01 AM »

Hi queen
My blood pressure readings are always high at the doctors which is quite common - white coat syndrome. I was told my blood pressure had to be controlled before I started hrt and given a chart to fill in over a week at home. I took a reading each morning and evening and the doctors took an average which was OK apparently (although some of the readings were high).
I'm post meno though but you could suggest that.  I've just read Lizzylous post and noticed shes said similar things. I think environment and stress can definitely raise blood pressure.
Mintea x

queen

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 10:02:59 AM »

My reading at home have been on average 120/90 of a morning , lower of a evening. Im worried I will be taken off hrt,  its a vicious circle of worry.

Mintea

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 11:23:22 AM »

I think that would be classified as a normal reading. Blood pressure naturally fluctuates throughout the day, that's why it's useful to take several readings over the day and over a week. My average was 137 over 85 and I was told that was fine.
You could show your gp your home readings and say you think it goes up a lot when you see the doctor(im sure 129/90 is fine and you say it's even lower in the evening). I personally wouldnt think your readings would be reason to come off hrt but I'm not a doctor!

Mintea x

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 04:42:48 PM »

Hi queen

:welcomemm:

Here is the information on this website about hypertension and hRT:

Hypertension   
    Blood pressure should be measured and, if high, should be controlled prior to starting HRT. Blood pressure measurement should be repeated 3 months after starting HRT and is then usually checked at annual review. There is a very small risk of conjugated equine estrogens causing a rise in blood pressure which resolves on cessation of treatment. In the presence of controlled hypertension, HRT is unlikely to worsen control; some recommend using transdermal (patch or gel) HRT.
    Sage should be used with caution if hypertensive and St.John's Wort should be used with caution if taking antihypertensive therapy.

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/atoz.php#GlossH

Even if your blood pressure is raised there are ways you can reduce it naturally.
https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/research/blood-pressure/blood-pressure-tips

Please try not to worry as that will only affect your blood pressure! Good luck! :)

Hurdity x

queen

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 06:41:07 PM »

Hello again, thanks for your reply, I've got an appointment with the nurse tomorrow,  glad to know my reading aren't that high , feel a lot relaxed about going now, thanks again