Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Too much estrogen  (Read 1020 times)

Eagle87

Too much estrogen
« on: February 13, 2020, 11:20:47 AM »

Hi

Can anyone share how they feel if they are on too high dose estrogen I take 4 pumps a day and I feel jittery struggle to sleep anxiety my blood test  showed 2044pmol/l

The clinic want me to increase but I think I have to reduce

Tc

Re: Too much estrogen
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 01:01:31 PM »

Hi eagle.

Are you post menopause?

X

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 02:00:44 PM »

I feel very jittery on patches and can only assume I absorb them too well ? That was on 75mcg estradot yet cope very well I'm 4 pumps estrogel x

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 02:02:42 PM »

Hi Tc just to say Eagle doesn't seem to be posting on a continuous thread.  I can only find them when I look up under her name.  I know I shouldn't speak for her but it is hard to find the background without a continuous thread.  We have been PM'ing though.
She is 32 and being treated with hormones for postnatal depression/hormonal depression.  She has 3 month old baby so not menopausal at all. As she says below, her recent blood test show oestrogen high which they would be if 4 pumps is combined with her own hormones, but her doctor wants her to go to 5 pumps and to be honest I think she is bouncing off the walls and pretty scared.

Eagle87 some more ladies will be along soon xx

Tc

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 09:20:11 AM »

Thanks ladybt. 

I realy hope you soon find the right level for you to feel better eagle. Xxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 04:47:23 PM »

Hi there - with a level that high then it could be your own hormones coming into play, but it also could be that the docs are giving you a high dose of oestrogen in order to suppress your cycle (stop ovulation) and therefore your oestrogen levels should then come down.

I'm not exactly sure how it translates into oestrogen levels. However when were the blood tests taken in relation to when you applied the gel and was it from part of the body close to the gel application site? This may not be an accurate result if eg blood taken from vein and gel applied to arm/shoulder not long before blood tests?

If that level was accurate that could be too high although just within range for the pre-ovulatory peak - so also depends when in the cycle you had bloods taken if your cycle has not been suppressed.

Hurdity x

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 05:42:00 PM »

hi hurdity

do you know what the estrogen level should be pre menopause is it 300-500 pmol x

thank you