Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Spotting after switching to ultrogestan vaginally  (Read 594 times)

Pauline b

Spotting after switching to ultrogestan vaginally
« on: February 11, 2020, 07:49:05 PM »

I am in the trial and error phase of my regime 100 ultrogestan orally and 75 estrodot. My breasts have been very tender after about 4 months in and I have been feeling groggy ( struggling to take the ultrogestan on an empty stomach )  I am under a menopause clinic and the nurse consultant advised it could be either the oestrogen or progesterone and to try swapping to using the ultrogestan vaginally for a couple of months if that doesn't work try reducing the patches . it's going to take a long time to see what the problem is!,!,!!!!   I have just changed from oral to vaginal ultrogestan in the last few days and I am spotting ,is this normal.

:'(

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Spotting after switching to ultrogestan vaginally
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »

Yes Pauline B- it's normal. Utrogestan is unstable in the body regardless of the delivery method. You can take it for ages with no problem, then encounter spotting and bleeding. It goes back to normal for a while and then unsettles again. I was told by my consultant ( had a scan due to errant bleeding) that it was a common occurrence x

Pauline b

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:19:10 PM »

Thankyou  I will persevere with it and see how I get on !

Pauline b

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 09:07:36 AM »

Just to update re my switch to vaginal ultrogestan. I am not sleeping a# well as I was on the oral ultrogestan,have any other ladies found this? , and what is the optimum time to take it at night to improve the chance of a better sleep ?