Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Can Ovestin be used daily?  (Read 3613 times)

Bobidy

Can Ovestin be used daily?
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:37:25 AM »

Hi

I'm just wondering if Ovestin can be used daily?

I've used it daily during Vagifem loading fortnight, then twice per week along with a pessary, then yes in the other days.

A little sore patch has returned again that Yes doesn't help.

Does anybody use Ovestin daily, or am and pm?

Thanks x

Dierdre

Re: Can Ovestin be used daily?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 09:43:00 AM »

I use daily, every night externally. Im using vagifem also 5 nights a week.

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 11:06:42 AM »

Thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 12:38:47 PM »

I have success with 'ovestin' if necessary every night.  Usually every 3rd and 5 or 6th nights is enough.  If symptoms niggle I take pain relief for 24 hours.

Lyncola

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 09:41:27 AM »

Great question,
I been wondering the same thing, as I've just had a virginal atrophy flare up, and Ovestin on the outside helps. At the moment every second night. And if I did how long can you safely do that? And does it matter what time of day you use it?

Thanks Lyncola

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 09:46:37 AM »

I use it once in bed.  Fill the applicator to the line and insert.  Every night initially then every 3rd and 5/6th nights unless symptoms flare.

It is a small amount of hormone; to plump up the vaginal area. The outer labia may require Yes or Sylc products to keep comfortable.

Lyncola

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »

Hi CLKD,

I did start on Ovestin internally February last year, I then felt it was working as well, and in November my doctor change me to Vagifem. I never did the two week loading on Vagifem as my doctor said I didn't need to. So when I had my flare up I decided to do a week loading on Vagifem. And Ovestin externally every second night.

I don't know if I should of change to Vagifem back in November but my doctor never said I could increase my usage. I'm only about 40 to 50% better. So when I my now talk about Ovestin I meant externally. I've just tried a sample of yes VM, and waiting for a email from them to see if m order gone through (I'm from Australia). It was cheaper to order from UK then to order viva Australia website.

I will be glad when I get on top of this virginal atrophy  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:57 PM »

Why did your Doctor think it necessary to change products?  Is there a shortage?

Make sure that you use 'vagifem' every night with the 'ovestin' and yesVM.  Little and often during the day to keep the whole area supple so that it doesn't dry out as much.  I find that a pain relief can help too.

Lyncola

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 05:55:42 AM »

Hi CLKD,

No shortage, I don't know why. And I didn't know back that I could increase my use of Ovestin. I don't know if I should just stick now to Vagifem. I felt more moisture when using Ovestin, or maybe that was just the excess product falling out of me.

I read somewhere the other day on here that it can take 6 to 12 months for Vagifem to make you 80-90% better. That's a long time  :'(

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 06:52:11 PM »

Lyncola..you can use both.  I use vagifem internally and cream externally.  Yes it can take Vagifem 6 mos to a year however that normally applies to ladies who have severe VA.  Some ladies get relief in 2 mos and some,  like myself, will take almost a full year.  However the discomfort does start to wane with each and every application of vagifem but it does take A VERY LONG time for the tiny bit of estrogen to do it's job.  I still get days where I just want to say au revoir to life but then the next day I can do most things in relative comfort.  I have personally come to the conclusion I will never be the same as I was but that's the way the cookie crumbles.  Perseverance is the mind set you need and embrace the good days.

Lyncola

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 10:14:16 AM »

Hi Whatsupwiththis,

I'm just gone pass two weeks since my flare up, after a week of Vagifem very night, I'm now down to three times a week, and for every other night I use Ovestin externally. I'm about 40% better, slow going. Hopefully I will keep improving.