Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Public Loos  (Read 3718 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Public Loos
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 01:29:36 PM »

We take flush for granted!   We take turning on the taps 4 granted.  I agree that getting to know neighbours on a camp site leads to a whole new scenario in the shower block  :o

I have a 1-5 scoring system too ;-).  Many across the UK have been closed  >:(

....... OH those holes in the ground in France  :bang:

dahliagirl

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 01:31:53 PM »

I came across the toilets that you have to stand on in Thailand  ;D

I just couldn't work it out, so had to hover, but they are a bit tall  :o

then you had to flush it by using a sort of plastic pan chained to a big tub of water that was constantly filling and flowing out under the wall/screen to outside.  Still, it was clean.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:49:41 PM by dahliagirl »

dahliagirl

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »

In Japan they had some sort of banana shaped ones that you squat over.  Very difficult with trousers.  Also they are disgusting because so many people 'miss'

This was a complete contrast to the ones with heated seats, birdsong and waterfall sounds to cover your embarrassment.

Then there are the ones with the built in bidet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 01:36:53 PM by dahliagirl »

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 01:37:36 PM »

Bad enough at home when men think it's longer than it is  ;)

getting_old

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 07:24:58 PM »

I got locked in a loo once when I was about 8, so that probably doesn't help either. We'd gone for a special lunch at a hotel and it took about 20 minutes for me to be rescued.

One place I worked had a lot of foreign workers who stood on the toilet seats then left the paper on the floor. The management tried putting notices up to explain the process but they had limited success.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 12:39:13 PM »

We had the same when i worked in leicester years ago. There were always shoe prints and dirt on the toilet seats and it was discovered that asians stand on the seat, then squat to do their business. Notices did no good there either!

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 01:50:21 PM »

It is known that the way we sit can impact how good bowel actions are.  A friend had a bad accident and was in a plaster from waist to ankles, the way to poo was standing up - bowels better then than previously, gravity assisted?

Tc

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 07:42:15 PM »

I hate to say it but some of the dirtiest loos I've seen in this country have been in my local hospital, including on the wards.

I have OCD tendencies so for years now in public toilets after relieving myself I have "scrubbed up" like a theatre nurse at the washbasins, turned the tap off with my elbow and exit with a tissue on the door handle..  I never touch  loo handles themselves without a tissue.  I used to pull the chain with my foot until I lost a  flip flop down the pan at Wimbledon tennis!!
Xxx

dahliagirl

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 09:19:49 PM »

Well that was my problem with the Thai toilet, and I think of myself as being fairly agile.

To be fair, it had no seat and had flat foot 'seats' but I had no idea how to get up onto it the right way round and deal with my trousers at the same time  ;D

Tc

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 09:35:37 PM »

I  "hover" for a wee but number twos it's a no no. I dont know if its psychological or it's just an awkward position for the act of dedication.  But if I absolutely have to it involves an intricate delicate arrangement of a toilet paper "doily"!!

This might be a bit  off topic but has any female ever in the history of the world successfully used a cardboard bedpan? Maybe just me.

Xx

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 09:24:10 AM »

;D. did U or not ............ after my appendix was removed I kept weeing so collected a paper pan to lay on. I then went to sleep .......   OK until I was asked to get out of bed  :o ..............   I had been on a drip for 3 days prior to surgery so my body was full  ::)

Tc

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 11:30:43 AM »

Exactly. Clkd. 

Bad design.  The bed pan that is....not me!! Although thinking about it......😆

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 01:07:17 PM »

;D

I had a catheter for 3 days so that I could sleep and it saved on laundry bills  :D
Pages: 1 [2]