Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Period !!!!!  (Read 992 times)

kazy68

Period !!!!!
« on: February 10, 2020, 10:27:37 AM »

Will it ever stop,
I'm on my 14th day, not heavy but there, this is the second long one now, had the same over xmas and new year, started first week in December didn't end until middle of January, short break and back again, not wanting it to be tmi, but it's not running from me, but it's in the pan when I go for a wee and when I wipe, getting irritated from towels now as they are always dry but cant /wont dare go without, I am also booked in for scan tomorrow afternoon, tummy and vaginal, do I cancel or go ????
I know this is all par and parcel of meno but really is this normal.

Karen
Xx

Mogster71

Re: Period !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:33:41 AM »

Ohhh sweetie that sounds painful, no wonder you are fed up x
I know when I had my TV and TA ultrasound the letter said to still go if I was having a period but maybe worth a phone call if you are that heavy? Does it normally calm down after the first day or so? I don't think there is a normal these days!

Thinking of you x

kazy68

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 10:49:22 AM »

Thankyou for reply monster,
It does change through the month some days I think it's over when there is nothing at all, yesterday, the next day it's back like it never stopped, today,  had the foggy head mild dizzyness since the first day its never ending, I think I will call them to give them a heads up, I think I will feel better if they know before hand .

Karen
X

Mogster71

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 12:02:41 PM »

I'm sure it will be fine, they must be used to it in that line of work!!
Hopefully they will reassure you to go along as normal and have your scan x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 01:54:53 PM »

There are 'natural' towels which might be better?

Let us know how you get on?

kazy68

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »

Just called surgery, I'm ok to go ahead thankfully, just want it all done out the way,
CLKD, will go look for the towels you mentioned, will see how it goes tomorrow, probably wont tell me anything at app and will have to wait to see gp.

Karen
X

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2020, 02:53:10 PM »

Take a list of your concerns with you!

Waitrose have 'natural' pads so other Chemists/Stores may well have.

Baborito

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 08:15:35 PM »

Hi Karen, I'm in exactly the same situation.  For the month of Jan I'd about 8 days I wasn't bleeding. My gp gave me Duphaston which stopped it for about a week and then it started again the beginning of Feb. Maybe because of the medication it wasn't such a horrendous amount of bleeding as normal. It seemed to be nearly finished when suddenly last night it started again quite heavy. It didn't last that long but it really scared me as it was unexpected. I feel really anxious about it cos it's so random and seems to have no pattern expect it is everlasting! I have some low pelvic pain at times and also pains in my thighs, don't know if the leg pains are part of it! I'm so sick of it and there seems no end in sight. I'll be 54 this year, which makes me wonder whyou I'm always reading that the average age for menopause is 51??

kazy68

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 08:36:09 PM »

Hi baborito,
Exactly the same hun, the low abdomen ache, but not all the time, the legs are bad almost all the time, like you hun I'm sick of it to, I didn't get no medication from gp, but she did organize the scans for me, when I called today they said gp was looking at ovaries and for fibroids and polyps, just hope I get some sort of answers tomorrow I really hope you get some relief from this soon I know how horrendous it can make you feel, I was 51 in December was hoping to have a better year than last year but so far no luck.

Karen
X

Baborito

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2020, 09:35:42 PM »

Well hopefully the scans may be useful Karen. I think if you can know why it's happening it's poss easier to bear?! My gp has asked for scans but where I live it can be a long wait. I just wish someone cld explain exactly what's happening to me and why! I used to think there was a limit to the amount of blood u cld lose because surely it must run out at some point, but apparently not! Whatever mechanism used to work for stopping my periods seems to have given up. Obviously it's to do with hormones but I'm not clear what's going on exactly.  Gp suggested mirena coil too but I'm not sure. I'd prefer to have some control over what meds I'm taking and once the mirena is in I'd be stuck with it, good or bad. It does help to know I'm not the only one putting up with this so thanks for that :)

kazy68

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 03:10:24 PM »

Sorry for late reply, brain not working as it should,
Went for my scans on tuesday, lovely nurse, did both scans and all looks fine nothing untoward,  couldn't find my left ovary but said everything looks good, thankfully, now to make app with gp to see where to go next.
Still got my period, feeling drained now been on since 30th January it's taking its toll   :-\ just about had enough of it all.
Does thyroid affect monthlys?
Had my bloods done back in Jan and my thyroid was on the low side, no meds given got to re test on or after 1st April,  got to wait 3 months before re test,
I'm constantly tired my poor legs, dont think I've had a day In the last 6  months where they dont ache it's from my groin down to my feet, just constantly throbbing, me personally think I should of been given meds but hey ho I'm no dr,
Just thought I would update on scan.

Karen
X

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 05:24:31 PM »

Why has your GP waited if your thyroid function test is not 'normal', even those with 'within normal limits' results can suffer but it takes a while for many GPs to accept this.  They tend towards a 'normal' result rather than listening to the patient  >:(.  Ask for a referral to a endocrinologist for thyroid investigations?

You may of course be anaemic which your GP should have tested for.