Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan tolerance  (Read 1094 times)

starbuckfan

Utrogestan tolerance
« on: February 09, 2020, 09:05:05 AM »

Hello

I posted on here recently for advice starting a regime of Eestrogel and Utrogestan, orally 100mg daily every day. I have felt so much better, but now I'm getting dizzy and disoriented after I've taken it at night continuing fuzzy headed next day 😕  Would it help to use it vaginally? I've read about taking it every other day. My doctor has no real knowledge and I so much want to make it work. Help please! Thank you.

Mogster71

Re: Utrogestan tolerance
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 11:31:26 AM »

Hi SBF

Following with interest, as I have just started the utrogestan and feel the same, although I am doing it just 14 days at 200. It has been really sedating to me as well.Just wanted to stop and say hello, hopefully some of our experienced ladies will be along soon x

starbuckfan

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 12:36:48 PM »

Hi,
Yes it's good to hear from people who've been through similar issues. I'm 67, so doing the continuous method. I think it's too much. 😕

starbuckfan

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 05:51:42 PM »

Hello. Thanks for your reply.
No, I've been on HRT for 16 years. Always patches, for safety. Fem 7 suited me really well, but since they became unavailable, I've been using Evorel, which don't!  Did a lot of research and trying Utrogestan/Oestrogel.  Really good for first week but now getting very dizzy, hypoglycaemia, blurred vision etc.
Going to miss a dose of Utro tonight, then try using it vaginally. Only other option is the Mirena, which I didn't get on with when I was persuaded to try it after a gynae op.
Will keep trying!

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »

I use utrogestan vaginally 12 days on a cycle. For me it took a real while to settle but I didn't have much choice as I had already tried 6 other kinds of hrt.  First 2 months using it gave me cramps so I just took some paracetamol.  I also had the bladder irritation. I have also noticed that it messed with my head a bit.  However, after the 2 cramps, bladder issues stopped and any of the other side effects were pretty much gone at 7 months.  Interestingly as it has gone on, I'm 18 months in the head thing is now much more under control and any tiredness that came a bit like you would get before a proper "period".
The only thing I am left with is that by day 9/10 my legs itch at night.

I suppose the way I have look at it is that, because I do a long cycle that isn't 18 months of using it for 12 days, because I run it 28 days oestrogel and 12 days Utro, so roughly a 6/7 week cycle  in terms of days,  if you take 4 weeks in a month x 18 but divide by 6 I have only run 12 cycles since I started the whole regime.  So really it has only taken about 6 or 7 cycles for the whole lot to come under control and for me to understand how my body is reacting.  When you say 18 months it sounds scary and long but when you say 7 lots of 12 days - that's not much really at all when you think that you are getting your body to adjust and balance.